Table of Contents
About Macquarie University
Macquarie University, located in Sydney and founded in 1964, was only the third university to be established in metropolitan Sydney. It was also Sydney’s first university to use the Bologna Accord degree system. The university has five faculties on its main Sydney campus, including the Macquarie Graduate School of Management and the Macquarie University Hospital.
Why study at Macquarie University?
Here’s why you should study at Macquarie University
- It ranks among 1% of the top universities in the world.
- The university is the winner of the AFR Employability Award 2020.
- They have 300+ industry partners on campus and within the innovation precinct.
- Ranks 1 in Sydney for overall experience by QILT, 2019 and 2020.
- The university is Australia’s first university-led teaching hospital on campus.
- The university continues its pioneering approach, led by academics and researchers, from inventing Wi-Fi with the CSIRO to improving graduate employability through personalized degrees and degrees co-designed with industry.
- The recent investments in facilities and infrastructure enable students and faculty to thrive in an inspiring and technologically advanced environment.
Macquarie University rankings
Here are the rankings for Macquarie University
Ranks 200 in QS World University Rankings, 2022.
- Ranks 101-110 in Graduate Employability Rankings by QS World University Rankings, 2022.
- Ranks 192 in World University Rankings by Times Higher Education, 2022.
- Ranks 82 in Impact Rankings by Times Higher Education, 2022.
- Ranks 207 in Best Global Universities by US News and World Report, 2021.
- Ranks 15 in Best Global Universities in Australia/ New Zealand by US News and World Report, 2021.
- Ranks 14 in Best Global Universities in Australia by US News and World Report, 2021.
Some popular courses at Macquarie are as follows
- Master of Business Analytics/Master of Management (M.Mgmt)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), Marketing Management
- Master of Science (M.S), Data Science
- Master of Law (L.L.M)/Master of Data Science
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (B.I.T), Computer Science
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)/Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), International Studies
Here’s how you can apply to the Macquarie University
- Apply through Macquarie International Online Application Manager
- Or use the UAC International Form to apply (for the UG program only)
You must submit the below documents
- Academic transcripts
- Student visa
English language test
All international students must give the following tests for admission
Cost of living
The following is an estimate of the cost of living at Macquarie University Australia
|Expense||Weekly amount (USD)|
|Meals and groceries||80- 200|
|On-campus meals||15- 20|
|Public transportation||10- 50|
Services offered by the university are as follows
- On campus, they have a variety of services, including childcare, security, and several bars and cafes that offer venue hire and catering.
- Their student housing offers a balanced academic and social lifestyle in a welcoming environment. Living in the vibrant community is one of the best life and educational experiences a student can have.
- They are proud of the campus’s diversity and promote a supportive culture. Their initiatives promote cultural, linguistic, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, socioeconomic status, and religious diversity among students.
Here’s what student life at the university looks like
- The campus is 126 hectares in size, with open green space that allows the community to think and grow.
- Over AU 1 billion has recently been invested in the facilities and infrastructure so students and staff can thrive in an inspiring and technologically advanced environment.
- With over 300 global companies on campus or in the Macquarie Park high-tech precinct, the students can tap into industry connections that will give them a competitive advantage in their future careers. At the same time, the staff can take advantage of outstanding research and innovation opportunities with some of the world’s leading organizations.
Work while studying
Most employers anticipate that applicants will be knowledgeable and experienced. Working while learning is an excellent way to improve your employability and gain life experience.
By joining the Job Ready Club, the Macquarie Student Employment (MQSE) team can assist you in finding a job while studying. You can find on-campus job opportunities on Macquarie University’s job portal, Employability Connect, and the websites listed below-
- Campus Life, which oversees employment for the University’s Sport and Aquatic Centre, events and catering, food and beverage, and other responsibilities.
- The University’s employment page lists administrative, professional, and academic positions available in Macquarie’s departments and faculties.
International students are eligible for various Macquarie University scholarships based on their study level, program, and nationality-
|Scholarship||Value of scholarship|
|Vice-chancellor’s International Scholarship||Up to 10,000 AUD|
|Macquarie Alumni Scholarship||10% tuition fee reduction|
|ASEAN Partner Scholarship||Up to 15,000 AUD per year|
|Macquarie Research Scholarships||Varies|
- Macquarie University City campus has world-class facilities and provides students with a welcoming learning environment as well as networking opportunities with other like-minded students.
- Times Higher Education ranks 192 in the World University Rankings for 2022.
- The campus spans 126 hectares, with open green space for our community to think and grow.
- International students need to give IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE tests for admission to Macquarie University.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on Macquarie University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: McMaster University | Courses and rankings
Q1. Why should students choose to study at Macquarie University?
Answer- Students can choose to study at Macquarie University because it ranks among the top 200 universities in the world and because the university has partnerships with 300 industries that provide work placements to over 40,000 Macquarie students each year.
Q2. What types of courses are available at Macquarie University?
Answer- Macquarie University offers a variety of courses, including undergraduate courses for those who have graduated from high school, postgraduate courses for those who have graduated, and doctoral or research-level programs.
Q3. What is Macquarie University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Admissions to Macquarie University are competitive, with an acceptance rate of 40%.