Table of Contents
- About Northeastern University Boston
- Why study at Northeastern University Boston?
- Living expenses
- Admission process
- Campus facilities
- Research opportunities
- Placement companies
- Key takeaways
About Northeastern University Boston
Northeastern University in Boston, USA, is a private research university. The Boston University School of Law was established in 1898. The university’s nine colleges, schools, and departments offer over 200 undergraduate degrees, 100 graduate degrees, and Ph.D. degrees in pharmacy, medicine, and law.
Why study at Northeastern University Boston?
Here are a few reasons to study at Northeastern University
Great co-op programs
Northeastern’s co-op program is unquestionably one of the main reasons for the university’s success. If you still need to be made aware, NU students complete a 5-year program, including three 6-month co-ops that provide real-world work experience at prestigious companies worldwide. Students not only get paid but also frequently get full-time offers after graduation.
Unlike most Boston universities, Northeastern has an authentic ‘campus feel’ while still enjoying all of the benefits of being in the heart of one of the best cities in the world. Students flock to Centennial Common when the first warm sunny day arrives to lounge or in the Adirondack chairs. The university has a vibrant vibe for the students.
The Marino Center
The Marino Center is a fantastic fitness facility. You can burn calories (including a rock wall and multiple basketball/ volleyball/ broomball/ floor hockey courts). You can gain the calories back if you visit Au Bon Pain or Boloco, conveniently located on the ground floor.
Here are a few rankings for Northeastern University
Academic Ranking of World Universities by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University
QS World University Rankings by Top Universities
Here are a few eligibility criteria for international students
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency (Cambridge English)
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- IELTS Academic.
- PTE Academic.
- TOEFL internet-based test
- Northeastern will accept either the in-person form completed in a test center or the TOEFL iBT Home Edition.
Here are a list of programs at the university
- Arts and Humanities (31)
- Business & Management (16)
- Engineering and Technology (35)
- Life Sciences and Medicine (23)
- Natural Sciences (18)
|Average living expenses (Bachelors)||Average living expenses (Masters)||Average on-campus living expenses|
To apply to Northeastern University in Boston, follow below steps-
- Go to Northeastern University’s official website and click ‘Apply Now.’
- Fill out the application fee of USD 75.
- Fill out the application form with all of your necessary information.
- Send your application, supporting documentation, and fee payment receipt by the deadline specified in the notification (usually around 30 days).
Submit the following documents-
- Application fee- $75
- Transcripts- It requires official transcripts from all academic institutions the applicant attends.
- English proficiency test report card
- Finances certifications and documents
- Online application form
Northeastern University in Boston, USA, provides a wide range of services to its students. Here are a few examples-
The library has over 2 million books and journals for its students. Its various collections also provide access to online databases and e-books.
The university’s medical center offers healthcare services to all students on campus, including emergency care and psychiatric management.
Each year, many companies come to campus to recruit students who have completed their studies at this institute. Every year, approximately 300 companies visit campus for campus placement activities such as job interviews, soft skill
workshops/seminars/events, and so on.
Northeastern University offers students on-campus housing. Both graduate and undergraduate students can find housing on campus. It is also available to students of all genders. Accommodation is available on campus for both international and domestic students.
Each room has a bed, desk, and chair for the student’s comfort. Each floor has a shared laundry room. The cleanliness is maintained. Every week, you will receive clean linens and towels. The housekeeping team will also professionally clean your room once a week. University Village Apartments students must provide their transportation to campus because there is no shuttle service available at this location.
Northeastern University in Boston offers a variety of research opportunities. Students at the school can participate in research projects and internships. The university’s departments provide opportunities for students to work on real-time projects with industry experts or faculty members.
Students can choose from various options
- Business & Economics
- Humanities & Social Sciences
Northeastern University in Boston assists students in obtaining jobs with companies such as Google, Amazon, and Apple. Microsoft, IBM, Deloitte, and other companies provide placements and internships at the university level.
Organizations pay an average of $70,000 per year as their salary. Northeastern University in Boston offers three-month summer internships from May to August.
- This distinct approach, based on cooperative education, has resulted in an academic culture that pervades undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Northeastern University’s campus life, housing, and other facilities are excellent places to engage in community building and create lifelong memories.
- The programs provided by the university are excellent for students who want to pursue a great career.
- Northeastern University ranks 388 in 2023 according to the QS World University Rankings.
- The campus internships and placement programs give excellent opportunities to students.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on Northeastern University Boston, don’t hesitate to contact us by clicking here. It would be great to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Singapore University of Technology and Design
Q1.What GPA do you need for Northeastern?
Answer- You should have a GPA of at least 4.04. If your exam GPA is slightly lower, you must compensate for the difference with a higher SAT/ACT score. For a school as specific as Northeastern University, you’ll also need to convince them with the rest of your application.
Q2. What is Northeastern University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Northeastern University in Boston has an acceptance rate of 20%.
Q3. Where is Northeastern University Canada located?
Answer- The Northeastern University Canada is in Toronto. Its experience drives a global research university. Providing industry-aligned graduate programs to meet Toronto’s talent needs and collaborating to advance shared research and innovation priorities.