Table of Contents
Norway is a small country with amazing culture, heritage, and tradition. The nation also boasts high-quality educational standards delivered by national and international universities.
Statistics have revealed that 8 out of 10 Norwegian universities are seeing a significant rise in applicants from abroad. The Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet) experienced a whopping 184% rise in applications for international programs.
If you want to study in Norway, learning about the different scholarship programs offered can help you prepare accordingly. So, check out these five popular Norway scholarship programs for international students!
Top 5 Norway Scholarship programs
1. BI Norwegian Business School Bachelor International Scholarship
- The Bachelor International Scholarship is for international applicants with an excellent academic record.
- This scholarship covers the following programs-
- Bachelor of Digital Business
- Bachelor of Data Science for Business
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Grant amount- The total value of the scholarship is approximately NOK 125,000. This Norway scholarship program covers 50% of the tuition fee for each semester of the selected program.
- Eligibility- Applicants must display above-average grades in higher secondary school from a university outside Norway. Additionally, they are primarily assessed based on their transcripts, including a one-page scholarship application letter.
2. University of Oslo International Scholarship
- University of Oslo offers this scholarship annually to students with exceptional academic performance.
- This Norway scholarship program primarily targets international applicants seeking undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University of Oslo.
- If an applicant is enrolled at the University of Oslo’s partner institutions in Central and South America, they may apply for full and partial scholarships.
- As a strict component of assessment for the scholarship eligibility, academic background and relevance to the program are crucial.
- Grant amount- This Norway scholarship covers the tuition fee of applicants.
- Eligibility- Applicants from the following countries are eligible for this scholarship-
- South America
- Central America
- Countries in Oceania
- Additionally, the applicants need to demonstrate a professional background in the course they are applying for.
3. BI Presidential Scholarships for International Masters Students
- BI Norwegian Business School is one of the most prestigious business schools in Norway. Besides, it is the second-largest business school in Europe.
- Both Norwegian and international students can apply for this Norway scholarship. However, the scholarship is only open to applicants for a Master of Science program.
- Grant amount- It covers the tuition fees of the program. Additionally, scholars get a stipend for living expenses every semester for two years.
- Eligibility- To be eligible for this Norway scholarship program, applicants need to secure a GPA of A on the ECTS scale or any equivalent scale.
- The applicant should be willing to pursue a Master of Science program.
- One of the crucial documents required for the scholarship eligibility assessment is a motivation letter.
- Motivation letters provide aspirants with an opportunity to put across their academic goals and reasons for wanting a scholarship. Besides, it also acts as proof of proficiency in English.
4. NORAM Scholarships
- The Norway-American Association (abbreviated ‘NORAM’) is a non-profit organization that helps strengthen transatlantic ties between America and Norway.
- NORAM awards ten scholarships on an annual basis to American students considering going to graduate school or a Ph.D. research in Norway.
- NORAM does not offer scholarships for undergraduate programs.
- Students applying for online courses in Norway are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Grant amount- The Norway scholarship awardees are offered funds based on merit and need. The amount ranges between NOK 10,000 and NOK 40,000. The individual grant awarded to an applicant depends on the research subject, purpose, and length of stay in Norway.
- Eligibility- The essential criteria for this scholarship is the feasibility of the proposed research project within a specific time frame.
- The applicant should either be an American or a Norwegian national.
5. NUTU International Master’s Program
- The Norwegian University of Science and Technology offers free tuition for international students seeking admission to postgraduate programs.
- Applicants seeking this scholarship can apply for a Master’s program out of the following options-
- Health Sciences
- Economics aliz
- Social Sciences
- Admission to the university programs is highly competitive, and GPAs are converted during the screening process.
- Applicants from the following countries need to submit physical copies of their undergraduate transcripts, in addition to uploading them-
- Grant amount- It is a fully-funded scholarship, i.e., it covers the entire tuition fee of applicants.
- Eligibility- To be eligible for this scholarship, students need to display a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of C.
- Norway is an excellent country for higher education. Consequently, international applications to universities in Norway have seen a sharp rise in recent years.
- Understanding the different scholarship programs available to international students can help aspirants prepare for the transition.
- Different Norway scholarship programs have specific criteria that the applicants need to meet to be eligible for the same.
Now that you know about some best Norway scholarship options, begin applying for these scholarships and fulfil your study abroad goals. If you need assistance while applying for scholarships, reach out to us.
Liked this blog? Read next: Sweden Scholarships | 10 Best programs for international students
Q1. Are NORAM scholarships offered to Norwegian students who want to study in the United States?
Answer – Yes, NORAM scholarships also provide programs for Norwegian students seeking opportunities in the States.
Q2. How many BI scholarships can a student apply for?
Answer – A student can apply for more than one BI scholarship. However, one student can get only one scholarship.
Q3. Ideally, how many words should a motivation letter be?
Answer – While different scholarship programs have different specifications, most accept 1-page motivation letters. It is recommended that students stay within the word limit assigned by the scholarship authorities.