Table of Contents
- About Queen Mary University London
- Key facts
- Queen Mary’s community
- QS World Rankings
- Times Higher Education ranking
- US News & World Report
- Queen Mary University London subject rankings
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry rankings
- Complete University Guide ranking
- Key takeaways
About Queen Mary University London
The Queen Mary University of London is an innovative research-intensive university. Today, Queen Mary is a global university committed to opening doors of opportunity and improving lives locally, nationally, and internationally, as its founders envisioned. QMUL, a member of the Russell Group of research-led universities, ranked ninth in the UK in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. It consistently ranked highly in other global league tables and was named one of the top ten UK universities for graduate starting salaries by The Sunday Times. Let’s find out more about Queen Mary University London’s ranking.
- The university’s history dates back to 1785, with the founding of The London Hospital Medical College, England’s first official medical school.
- It is a Russell Group university, operating across five campuses in London and at sites across Europe and Asia.
- It ranked 14th in the UK and 117th in the world by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings.
- The university’s annual income is £535.3m, of which £113.3m is research income.
- They have nine Nobel Prize winners among their former staff and students.
- The university offers over 240 degree programs across three faculties- Humanities and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering, and Medicine and Dentistry.
- Due to Queen Mary’s presence in Paris, Malta, and Singapore, as well as its groundbreaking transnational education program in China, its faculty and students collaborate globally.
Queen Mary’s community
The diverse profile of its domestic undergraduate students in London is unique for a Russell Group university and any world-class research university-
- 41 percent of students are from overseas.
- 92 percent of students are from state schools.
- 75 percent of students are BAME.
- 49 percent of students are the first in their families to enter higher education.
QS World Rankings
Here is the ranking for Queen Mary University London rankings by QS World Rankings-
|QS World Rankings||2023||2022||2021|
- QS WUR Ranking By Subject- 82
- QS Sustainability Ranking- 221-240
- Graduate Employability Ranking- 201-250
- Overall- 54.5
- Academic Reputation- 48.9
- Employer Reputation- 36.2
- Faculty Student Ratio- 42.8
- Citations per Faculty- 62.6
- International Faculty Ratio- 99.7
- International Students Ratio- 99.5
- International Research Network- 93.7
- Employment Outcomes- 13.8
Times Higher Education ranking
Here is the ranking for Queens Mary University London by Times Higher Education-
|Times Higher Education||2023||2022||2021|
Subject ranking by Times Higher Education
- Arts and Humanities 2023 ranking- 101-125
- Clinical, pre-clinical, and health 2023 ranking- 69
- Engineering and Technology 2023 ranking- 126-150
- Life Sciences 2023 ranking- 101-125
- Physical Sciences 2023 ranking- 151-175
- Social Sciences 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Business and Economics 2023 ranking- 201-250
- Computer Sciences 2023 ranking- 84
- Law 2023 ranking- 86
- Education 2023 ranking- 176-200
- Psychology 2023 ranking- 126-150
US News & World Report
Here is the Queen Mary University London ranking by US News & World Report-
- Best Global Universities (tie)- 100
- Best Global Universities in Europe- 36
- Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom- 11
Queen Mary University London subject rankings
Here are the subject rankings by Queen Mary University London-
- Arts and Humanities (tie)- 129
- Biology and Biochemistry- 151
- Cardiac and Cardiovascular Systems (tie)- 41
- Cell Biology- 92
- Chemistry (tie)- 561
- Clinical Medicine- 76
- Computer Science (tie)- 125
- Economics and Business- 171
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (tie)- 32
- Endocrinology and Metabolism- 95
- Engineering- 288
- Environment/Ecology (tie)- 381
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology (tie)- 73
- Immunology (tie)- 100
- Infectious Diseases- 111
- Materials Science (tie)- 162
- Mathematics- 331
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (tie)- 68
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (tie)- 226
- Neuroscience and Behavior (tie)- 132
- Pharmacology and Toxicology (tie)- 113
- Physical Chemistry (tie)- 208
- Physics- 184
- Plant and Animal Science (tie)- 192
- Psychiatry/Psychology- 272
- Public, Environmental and Occupational Health- 101
- Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Medical Imaging- 66
- Social Sciences and Public Health (tie)- 214
- Space Science (tie)- 175
- Surgery (tie)- 38
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry rankings
Queen Mary University London rankings for Dentistry and Medicine-
The Guardian University Guide 2023
- Dentistry- 1st in London
- Medicine- 3rd in London
The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- Dentistry- 1st in London
- Medicine- 2nd in London
Complete University Guide ranking
Here is the ranking for the university by Complete University Guide-
|Complete University Guide||2023||2022||2021|
Subject league table 2023
|Accounting & Finance||34 out of 104|
|Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering||16 out of 33|
|Biological Sciences||34 out of 100|
|Biomedical Sciences||27 out of 77|
|Business & Management Studies||27 out of 124|
|Chemical Engineering||33 out of 34|
|Chemistry||18 out of 58|
|Communication & Media Studies||17 out of 97|
|Computer Science||28 out of 114|
|Dentistry||13 out of 16|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||18 out of 102|
|Economics||27 out of 81|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||27 out of 71|
|English||40th out of 100|
|French||18th out of 49|
|General Engineering||12 out of 33|
|Geography & Environmental Science||32 out of 76|
|German||19th out of 39|
|History||25 out of 91|
|Iberian languages||36 out of 49|
|Law||14 out of 106|
|Linguistics||17th out of 33|
|Manufacturing and Production Engineering||13 out of 35|
|Marketing||50 out of 95|
|Materials Technology||10 out of 15|
|Mathematics||29 out of 70|
|Mechanical Engineering||32 out of 75|
|Medicine||16 out of 35|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||21 out f 46|
|Physics and Astronomy||36 out of 49|
|Politics||23 out of 84|
|Psychology||31 out of 117|
|Russian and East European Languages||13 out of 17|
- The university is a Russell Group university, across five campuses in London and at sites across Europe and Asia.
- It offers over 240 degree programs which set it apart from other universities. This increases its ranking worldwide as it offers various programs to students.
- QS World Rankings and Times Higher Education ranked the university 125th and 124th respectively.
- The university ranks 1st in London for Dentistry as per The Guardian University Guide 2023 and National Student Survey (NSS) 2022.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the Queen Mary University London ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Tiffin University | Rankings, campus, and more
Q1. What GPA do you need to get into the Queen Mary University of London?
Answer- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale is a must. The university will not consider GPAs of less than 3.0. When the program begins, you must be junior or senior.
Q2. What happens if you fail to resit QMUL?
Answer- If you decline a resit or fail to appear for the examination, you will lose your chance to retake the module. The Late Summer Resit (LSR) period takes place in August and is open to all students and modules from all years, including final year modules.
Q3. How are applications accepted for admission to Queen Mary University?
Answer- Undergraduate admissions to Queen Mary University are accepted through UCAS, while postgraduate admissions are accepted directly through the Queen Mary University website.