Table of Contents
- GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship
- Singapore International Graduate Award
- SIA Youth Scholarship
- Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship (National University of Singapore)
- INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
- Goh Keng Swee Scholarship
- President’s Graduate Fellowship (NUS)
Singapore is one of Asia’s most popular study abroad destinations, with some of the world’s best colleges. Most Singaporean universities provide scholarships for students, however, students can also turn to government and private sources for various scholarships.
While most of the country’s scholarship options are for local students, there are some great options for eligible international students.
Let’s look at the list of the top 8 Singapore scholarships below!
GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship
This scholarship is organized by the Global Indian International School.
- It is offered to students who have finished class 10th.
- It provides students in class 10th the opportunity to continue their studies in Singapore.
- Selected students may get up to SGD 90,000 in financial aid through this scholarship.
- Students from CBSE, ICSE, State & Other Boards can apply with a score of 94.0% and above can apply.
Singapore International Graduate Award
The SINGA (Singapore International Graduate Award) is a remarkable Singapore graduate scholarship. The grant is a partnership between-
- The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- The National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
SINGA encourages graduates with a passion for research and strong academic performance to apply for a Ph.D. scholarship.
- The selected students get complete tuition assistance for their Ph.D. studies for four years.
- The scholarship offers a monthly stipend of SGD 2000-2500, as well as one-time grants for travel (SGD 1500) and a settling-in allowance (SGD 1000).
- The scholarship is open to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic result, good skills in written and spoken English, good reports from academic referees.
SIA Youth Scholarship
This Singapore Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity for outstanding young students. The Ministry of Education in Singapore provides this scholarship.
- Students who score a minimum of 85% or an ‘A’ in Class 10th are eligible for this scholarship.
- Candidates receive a Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE “A”-Level) or equivalent grade.
- The scholarship offers up to SGD 2,400.
- It covers all educational expenditures such as-
- Tuition Tests
- Medical & accident insurance
- Return flights.
- Annual stipend
- Accommodation in a dormitory
- A settling-in allowance.
Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award
The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award, or SIPGA, is another scholarship financed by the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research.
- Excellent foreign students studying for bachelor’s or master’s degrees can apply. Students can also do short-term research at A*Star in Singapore.
- Candidates should be in their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies or must have completed post-graduate studies.
- Additionally, they should have a significant interest in biomedical, scientific, or engineering research.
- The study should last at least two months and should not exceed over six months.
- For the period of their research engagement, selected scholars are paid a monthly stipend of SGD 1500.
Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship (National University of Singapore)
The National University of Singapore ranks among the world’s top 15 universities.
- The Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship is for students applying to the National University of Singapore.
- It is a full-time undergraduate degree in Computing, Engineering, or Science (excluding Pharmacy).
- The scholarship covers the cost of full tuition for the duration of the program, as well as flights and lodging.
- Scholars get a stipend of SGD 6000 each year, as well as a one-time settling-in fee of SGD 200.
INSEAD Syngenta Endowed Scholarship(s) for Emerging Country Leadership
- The school offers scholarships for its MBA program to citizens of emerging nations who live and work in the developing world. Thanks to a partnership with Syngenta, a world-leading agribusiness located in Switzerland.
- This scholarships are granted on the basis of the factors such as-
- Academic success
- Business and financial management acumen
- Leadership potential
- Desire to contribute to their nation in the future.
- The scholarship has a maximum grant of SGD 22500.
Goh Keng Swee Scholarship
The Association of Banks in Singapore administers this Singapore scholarship. It is a private-sector scholarship (ABS). The scholarship program is named after Singapore’s previous Deputy Prime Minister.
- They offer 3 to 4 Singapore scholarships each year to excellent students from 15 Asia-Pacific nations.
- International students can use these scholarships to study at the various universities like-
- Specialized courses like medicine are not included.
- The scholarship covers all tuition and other mandatory expenses such as-
- Return travel
- Dormitory allowance
- A one-time settling-in stipend (SGD 200)
- Annual maintenance allowance (SGD 6500).
President’s Graduate Fellowship (NUS)
President’s Graduate Fellowship Scholarship offered by the National University of Singapore.
- It is open to Ph.D. applicants from all around the world and it’s a one-year fellowship.
- Up for renewal on a semester-by-semester basis if the applicant makes satisfactory progress.
- For international students, the fellowship covers tuition, a one-time travel allowance of SGD 750 and a one-time settling-in allowance of SGD 1000, and a monthly stipend of SGD 3000.
- The Singapore Government’s Ministry of Education offers a variety of scholarship programs such as-
- Scholarships to study in Singapore are more difficult to come by than admission to a Singapore institution.
- Before applying for any scholarships to Singapore, candidates must first apply for a Singapore student visa.
- To be considered for scholarship programs, students must maintain high grades in past academic courses.
We hope you found this blog informative. Don’t forget to comment below and share your thoughts! You can also get in touch with us if you have any doubts.
Liked this blog? Read: Jobs in Singapore | 7 highest-paying jobs you should know about!
1. How to get a scholarship in Singapore?
Answer: To be eligible for scholarships in Singapore, you must have an excellent academic career. Also, apply for your preferred scholarship program well ahead of the exam date.
2. Is it possible to get a full scholarship in Singapore?
Answer: Yes, several colleges in Singapore provide full scholarships. Travel and living expenses, based on a student’s merit and extracurricular activities.
3. What grades are required to be eligible for a scholarship to study in Singapore?
Answer: In general, a 3.0 GPA is required for overseas students to be eligible for scholarships to study in Singapore.