Table of Contents
About RMIT University
The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, also known as RMIT University, is a well-known research university in Melbourne, Australia. Francis Ormond founded RMIT in 1887 to provide students with courses in technology, art, and science. The university has received international acclaim for its excellent vocational and professional education, applied research, and other services. In 1992, they designated the university as a public university. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at RMIT University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at RMIT University-
- The university is one of the top 250 universities worldwide
- The university provided 15,800+ industry placements for students in 2020
- RMIT University has 97,000 students from 230+ different countries
- RMIT places you in the best environments to achieve your potential, with 24-hour student support, dedicated career services, employability workshops, and industry mentoring.
- They provide increased global experiences and job opportunities with major industry employers such as Siemens, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Boeing, Microsoft, and others.
- RMIT has campuses in Melbourne and Vietnam, as well as over 200 exchange partners and industry connections throughout Europe, Asia, and North America.
- RMIT courses are co-designed with the industry. Learn the practical skills you’ll need to succeed in the workplace.
- RMIT is a dual-sector university that provides recognized pathway options for vocational courses that lead to undergraduate study.
- They will continue to teach online wherever possible to ensure that you can further your education.
RMIT University ranking
Here is the ranking for the university
- Ranks 206 Globally in QS World University Rankings 2022
- Ranks 14 Nationally in QS World University Rankings 2022
- Ranks 301- 350 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
- Ranks 524 World Rank in CWUR World University Rankings 2022
- Ranks 22 National Rank in CWUR Rankings 2022
- Ranks 244 in Best Global Universities by US News & World Report 2022
- Ranks 18 in Best Global Universities in Australia by US News & World Report 2022
- Accounting, Information Systems, and Supply Chain
- Architecture and Urban Design
- Business and Law
- Computing Technologies
- Economics, Finance, and Marketing
- Fashion and textiles
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Global, Urban, and Social Studies
- Media and Communication
- Property, Construction, and Project Management
- College of Business and Law
- College of Design and Social Context
- College of Vocational Education
- STEM College
RMIT offers undergraduate and graduates bachelor, master, associate, and honors degrees, graduate certificates, and diplomas. Apart from that, it allows you to take short courses, online programs, and micro-credentials that will help you improve your employability. The following are the top undergraduate and graduate programs offered by RMIT University-
- Master of Computer Science
- Master in Data Science
- Masters in Cyber Security
- Master of Information Technology
- Executive M.B.A
- B.Eng Computer and Network Engineering
- M.Eng Mechanical Engineering
- M.Eng Civil Engineering
- M.Eng Management
- Master in Project Management
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- B.Eng Mechanical Engineering
- B.Business Management
RMIT has three campuses. Two campuses are in Australia, two in Vietnam, and one in Barcelona, Spain, where it conducts research and collaborates with industries. Students can use the following facilities on the campuses-
- RMIT has over 100 clubs, societies, and collectives focused on music, culture, politics, sports, and academic pursuits where students can meet new people and learn new skills.
- Students and employees at RMIT University have a chance work-life balance and health. There is a well-equipped gym known as City Campus Gym and a sports center with facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports.
- Swanston Academic Building and Design Hub was recently inaugurated by the university and equipped with world-class facilities such as research space, product testing facility, clinic, and so on.
The university provides purpose-built on-campus student residences, which are apartment complexes designed in a student-friendly environment. These complexes are near RMIT campuses in Bundoora, Carlton, and Melbourne. These complexes provide a variety of furnished rooms, ranging from shared rooms to studio apartments.
Accommodation rates are all-inclusive but may vary depending on the types of rooms available. Applicants from other countries should consider various types of student housing in Australia, such as privately rented apartments, homestays, hostels, etc.
RMIT University’s degree program admissions process is available online. Students must first select a course in their desired study level or area. They must check the minimum requirements for that specific course of study. For example English language proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE. You must also check the academic entry requirements (country-specific equivalent requirements), pre-requisites, and selection tasks, after selecting a course.
Students must submit the following documents-
- Academic transcripts must be certified (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT program)
- All diplomas must be certified in both the original language and English (not required for current RMIT students applying to another RMIT program)
- Purpose statement
- TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent evidence of English language proficiency
- Any documentation concerning selection tasks (pre-selection kits, folios, etc.)
- Recommendation letter
- If applicable, a copy of your passport, CV, work references, referee reports, etc.
- Student visa for Australia
RMIT University has over 480,000 alumni from more than 150 countries. RMIT alumni are entitled to several exclusive benefits.
- Member giveaways and discounts
- Possibility of networking via the online community
- Graduate job assistance
- University library and collaboration space access
- Free startup programs are available.
- Short-term course discounts
- James Wan, Australian- Malaysian film director
- Amanda Barnard- Australian theoretical physicist
- Andrew Stockdale- Australian musician
- Rob Hulls- Australian Politician
- RMIT has over 97,000 students from over 230 countries studying there. The university has become the top choice for students looking to study in Australia.
- When choosing a university to study at abroad, ranking is crucial. Australia is home to several world-class universities, including RMIT.
- RMIT University is a global technology, design, and business university that offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and vocational programs. You can study online and then on campus with their blended learning approach.
- Many students complete their degrees and become RMIT University Notable Alumni. RMIT University has over 480,000 alumni spread across 150 countries.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on RMIT University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Like this blog? Read next: Lancaster University | Rankings, campus, and more!
Q1. What is RMIT University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- RMIT University has an acceptance rate of 22%.
Q2. What is the average GPA to get into RMIT University?
Answer- A minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher, or 65%, is necessary for admission to RMIT University.
Q3. Why is RMIT University better than other universities?
Answer- RMIT is a global university known for its leadership and innovation in technology, design, and entrepreneurship. You will be taught by experts in your field of study, while also benefiting from our strong industry connections and curriculum that has an influence by current industry trends.