Table of Contents
Rotary is a community of 1.4 million individuals, including neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem solvers. Their vision is to create a world where people come together and take action to achieve long-lasting change. Absolute commitment and vision are necessary to solve real challenges. For over 110 years, the members of Rotary have been using their passion, vitality, and knowledge to make a positive impact on sustainable initiatives. They are truly people of action. They constantly try to improve the planet by paying attention to literacy and peace to water and health. The Rotary Foundation scholarship benefit international students worldwide. The minimum budget for global grants is $30,000, with a maximum World Fund award of $400,000. They can utilize funds to support humanitarian projects, graduate-level academic scholarships, and vocational training.
Types of scholarships
Clubs and districts
Scholarships are available from clubs and districts for secondary, undergraduate, and graduate studies. They can fund scholarships locally, through the Rotary Foundation district, or through global funding.
The Rotary Foundation
Scholarships are available from the Rotary Foundation for college graduates and professionals interested in studying peace and conflict resolution.
Candidates pursuing a master’s degree or certificate program at one of the six partner universities are eligible for Rotary Peace fellowships.
The grants help finance secondary school, college, or graduate school students pursuing any local or overseas subject. You can utilize the scholarships for various educational purposes, ranging from a six-week language training program to pursuing a degree at a university for a year or longer.
Rotary Peace Fellowships
Rotary members are critical in identifying competent applicants for Rotary Peace Fellowships. By promoting peace fellowships and assisting peace fellow candidates through the application process, you may help advance peace in troubled areas worldwide.
Global grant scholarships
Rotary offers global grants to support graduate students who are studying abroad in one of their selected causes-
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
- Protecting the environment
Global grants also support-
- Humanitarian projects
- Vocational training teams are made up of experts who travel to foreign countries to either educate local professionals about their field or to gain further knowledge themselves.
Scholarships can range from one to four years in length and can cover the entirety of a degree program. District Designated Funds (DDF), cash, direct gifts, and endowment earnings are used to provide global grant scholarships. The foundation will match all DDF contributions with an 80% World Fund match.
The Rotary Foundation global grants have simple and defined requirements dependent on the applicant’s project.
The project of a qualified candidate must-
- Have a long-term and sustainable social influence.
- Address a critical issue identified by the community.
- Includes activities that are consistent with the beliefs of the foundations.
- Maintain a minimum budget of 30,000 USD.
In addition, candidates must fulfill the following academic requirements-
- Minimum academic credentials and performance.
- Language competency (the language of teaching or study in the study nation).
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Personal, intellectual, or professional examples of high ethical standards.
Members of the vocational training team and scholars need to submit separate applications along with the Rotary Foundation scholarship-global grants application-
- Applicants must offer proof of acceptance to a university’s graduate-level program or a letter of invitation to perform postgraduate-level research.
- Applicants must intend to study in a foreign nation.
Vocational training teams, scholars, and volunteer travelers must submit their travel applications at least 90 days before their planned travel dates.
The Rotary Foundation global grants have their selection committee. The selection process includes-
- Grant selections are based on application forms and additional interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- At the beginning of the procedure, the committee will inform you if they will conduct the interview in person or through a live video conference. They will also confirm the date and time.
The Rotary Foundation is made up of over 35,000 clubs that collaborate to address the world’s most pressing concerns. The foundation’s headquarters are situated in Evanston, Illinois, USA, and it boasts members from virtually every country worldwide. Other affiliate foundations exist in Brazil, Australia, Canada, India, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Japan.
- Every year, the Rotary Foundation scholarship grants over 7.5 million USD in scholarships to aid in the development of future leaders and assist with their humanitarian objectives.
- Applications for grants must be in line with Rotary’s key areas. It could be a humanitarian mission, a graduate-level academic scholarship, or practical training.
- On average, the scholarship lasts 1-4 years and covers whole degree programs.
- The foundation funds scholarships through cash or District Designated Funds, which the World Fund matches.
- The minimum budget for global grants is $30,000, with a maximum World Fund award of $400,000.
The Rotary Foundation scholarships empower global minds and unleash boundless opportunities for international students. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re interested in studying abroad and want information on international universities.
Liked this blog? Read next: Thompson Rivers University MBA fees | A detailed guide
Q1. How many scholarships did the Rotary award?
Answer- Rotary awarded 350,000 scholarships to date.
Q2. What is Rotary International Foundation Grant?
Answer- Rotary members volunteer their time, knowledge, and resources to help address some of the world’s most complex challenges. Rotary Foundation funds bring service project ideas to life, from providing clean water to promoting global peace.
Q3. What are the seven areas of Rotary International?
Answer- Peace and Conflict Prevention, Water and Sanitation, Disease Prevention and Treatment, Basic Education and Literacy, Maternal and Child Health, and Economic and Community Development are the seven areas of Rotary International.