Table of Contents
About St. Thomas Aquinas College
St. Thomas Aquinas College, located in North Miami Gardens, Florida, is a private Catholic university renowned for its international diversity and high success rate. Since its inception in 1961, the university has provided commendable opportunities to young, aspirational minds seeking a tangible place in the dynamic industry. The college has a combined enrollment of 439 (47% men, 53% women). Let’s find out more about the college.
Why study at St. Thomas Aquinas College?
Here’s why you should pursue education at this college-
- The learning environment at the college is well-equipped.
- Full-time graduates, law students, and international students have student health insurance.
- Fieldwork, workshops, travel work, and internships are available at the university.
- Premium amenities, such as recreational lounges, fitness centers, cafes, and off-campus transportation, are available to students applying for on-campus residence.
- The athletics program at the university has affiliations with the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- The faculty ratio at the college is 1:11.
St. Thomas Aquinas College ranking
Here is the ranking for the college-
- Aquinas College ranks 41st on the Best Midwestern Colleges list by CollegesChoice.net.
- US News and World Report have ranked Aquinas College on the 164th Best National Liberal Arts Colleges list.
- The college ranks between 601-800 in the National ranking by Times Higher Education.
- Value colleges.net ranks the Aquinas Master of Management program at 27 as the Best Value Program among 50 programs in the country.
- Aquinas College ranks as one of the US’s Top 100 Coolest Colleges by the Sierra Club.
- Ranked 75 for Performance in Social Mobility as per US News Ranking 2021.
Programs at St. Thomas Aquinas College
The academic programs and faculty at St. Thomas Aquinas College focus on providing students with the tools and skills they’ll need to succeed in any career they choose. They offer over 100 majors, minors, specializations, and dual-degree programs in the Schools of Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Education, and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Students study at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The college’s proximity to New York City provides students easy access to many learning, cultural, internship, and career opportunities. STAC Spartans join a diverse community of thinkers and doers, athletes and leaders, researchers, and scholars.
- Over 100 major and minor programs are available to students.
- Undergraduate major and minor programs, graduate programs, four-year guarantee programs, and continuing education programs are available at the college.
- They teach all the courses entirely in English.
- The Aquinas Master of Management (MM) program ranks 27th out of the top 50 programs in the United States. In this course, students have the option to complete it by taking evening classes for 16 months or 84 months.
- If a student has 5 years of work experience and a 3.2 GPA, they may be eligible for a GMAT exemption. College affiliations allow students to study in Germany.
Some of the undergraduate programs are as follows-
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in International Business
Four graduate degrees are as follows-
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Master in the Art of Teaching
- Master in Education (ME)
- Master of Management (MM)
St. Thomas University’s online portal is where students can apply for graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Students must create an account and submit all required details and the necessary documents.
- The application fee is USD 55.
- Students can use the account to track application updates.
You must submit the below documents-
- Transcripts of the last school/university attended.
- Statement of marks.
- English proficiency scores.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose.
- International student financial guarantee form.
- Transfer eligibility form.
- Copy of passport identification page.
- F-1 student visa (international students).
Saint Paul campus, the university’s main campus, spans 78 acres of land. Over 2,400 students live on this campus. It has ten halls and apartments. Cafes and restaurants are close to campus. It is also conveniently located near chemists, stationery, and department stores. The campus is easily accessible by public transportation.
The university organizes numerous festivals, events, quizzes, and competitions on campus. Furthermore, the campus has a gathering place with many eatery shops, coffee shops, cafeterias, and a bowling center. A gym is also available on campus for fitness purposes. In addition to exercise equipment, the gym has volleyball, basketball, and pickleball courts. It also includes a cardio trainer.
Services at the college
Through its eclectic features, St. Thomas College aims to provide a learning experience that fuels overall growth, rather than just effective education. Here are some things that set St. Thomas apart from the competition.
- Tuition discounts are available to students enrolled in full-time degree programs at the university.
- Special career management tools will help you find better internship and placement opportunities.
- Several institutional merit scholarships provide financial assistance to students.
The private catholic university is well-equipped to foster student well-being through excellent education, sports, and campus life.
- St. Thomas College is in Miami Gardens, Florida, known for its music and food festivals.
- The university is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), which organizes sports meet-ups and competitions for sports such as basketball, football, tennis, competitive dance, and e-sports.
- The college holds extracurricular workshops regularly to foster new skills and active dialogue among students.
- St. Thomas College is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts university.
- They have over 100 majors, minors, specializations, and dual-degree programs to choose from.
- Students applying for on-campus housing have access to premium amenities such as recreational lounges, fitness centers, cafes, and off-campus transportation.
- Times Higher Education ranks the college between 601 and 800 on a national scale.
- You must clear the English language proficiency tests for admission to the college.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on St. Thomas Aquinas College by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 15 best art schools in New York!
Q1. What is the tuition fee for St. Thomas Aquinas College?
Answer- The tuition fee for St. Thomas Aquinas College is $27,000.
Q2. What are the most popular courses at St. Thomas College?
Answer- According to St. Thomas College statistics, the most popular courses are Big Data Analytics, Business Administration, Nursing, Management, and International Business/Trade.
Q3. Why do international students choose New York for further study?
Answer- Thousands of international students flock to New York City every year to further their studies, immerse themselves in the cultural world, make critical professional connections, and experience the buzzing city for themselves.