Table of Contents
- About the University of Texas at Dallas
- Why study at the University of Texas at Dallas
- The University of Texas at Dallas QS Ranking
- Subject ranking by Times Higher Education 2023-24
- Impact Rankings by Times Higher Education 2023-24
- US News and World Report Ranking
- Subject rankings as per US News and World Report
- MBA program rankings
- Key takeaways
About the University of Texas at Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas), founded in 1960, is a Tier 1 public research university. Despite being relatively ‘young,’ UTD has established a reputation for excellence and is famous as one of the top schools for engineering and management. UT Dallas is one of the country’s fastest-growing metropolitan areas. More than 140 undergraduate and graduate programs, professional certificates, and fast-track programs are available through its seven schools. Continue reading to learn more about the University of Texas at Dallas ranking.
Why study at the University of Texas at Dallas
Here’s why you should pursue education at the University of Texas at Dallas-
- UT Dallas is a prestigious research institution. The University of Texas at Dallas ranked #301-400 worldwide by Shanghai Rankings.
- The University of Texas at Dallas is a research-intensive university in the United States. According to its Carnegie classification, more than half of its budget supports faculty members who specialize in research disciplines such as science, engineering, technology development, computer sciences, mathematics, social sciences, and business sectors such as marketing management, among others.
- The tuition at the University of Texas at Dallas is less than $38,970.
- The acceptance rate at the University of Texas at Dallas/UTD is 79.4%.
The University of Texas at Dallas QS Ranking
Here is the ranking for the university according to QS World Rankings 2023-24-
- QS World University Rankings- 521-530
- QS WUR Ranking By Subject- 151-200
- Graduate Employability Ranking- 301-500
- US UNI (universities)- 83
Ranking criteria as per QS World Ranking
- Academic Reputation- 14.2
- Employer Reputation- 17
- Faculty-Student Ratio- 4
- Citations per Faculty- 64.1
- International Faculty Ratio- 14.6
- International Students Ratio- 35.9
- International Research Network- 70.2
- Employment Outcomes- 4.8
Times Higher Education
Below are the rankings for the University of Texas at Dallas according to Times Higher Education-
- World University Rankings 2023-24- 351-400
- Teaching- 24.8
- Research 27.0
- Citations- 21.3
- Industry Income- 42.7
- International Outlook- 56.4
Subject ranking by Times Higher Education 2023-24
Here is the subject ranking for the university-
- Arts and Humanities ranking – 501-600
- Clinical, pre-clinical, and health ranking – 157-175
- Engineering and technology ranking – 201-250
- Physical sciences ranking – 401-500
- Social sciences ranking – 401-500
- Business and Economics ranking – 301-400
- Computer science ranking – 301-400
- Psychology ranking – 301-400
Impact Rankings by Times Higher Education 2023-24
Following are the impact rankings for University of Texas at Dallas-
- Partnership for goals ranking- 301-400
- Peace, justice, and strong institutions ranking- 301-400
- Responsible consumption and production ranking- 201-300
- Sustainable cities and communities ranking- 301-400
- Reduce inequalities ranking- 401-600
- Industry, innovation, and infrastructure ranking- 101-200
- Decent work and economic growth ranking- 201-300
- Affordable and clean energy ranking- 401-600
- Clean water and sanitation ranking- 101-200
- Gender equality ranking- 301-400
- Quality education ranking- 601-800
- Good health and well-being ranking- 201-300
- Zero hunger ranking- 201-300
- No poverty ranking- 201-300
US News and World Report Ranking
Here is the ranking for the university according to US News and World Report 2023-24-
- Best Global Universities- 349
- Global score- 56.1
- Global research reputation- 323
- Regional research reputation- 107
- Publications- 571
- Books- 497
- International collaboration – relative to country- 144
- International collaboration- 702
Subject rankings as per US News and World Report
Here is the subject ranking for the university
- 607 in Chemistry
- 552 in Clinical Medicine (tie)
- 235 in Computer Science (tie)
- 111 in Economics and Business
- 156 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (tie)
- 289 in Engineering
- 288 in Geosciences (tie)
- 156 in Materials Science (tie)
- 142 in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- 271 in Neuroscience and Behavior (tie)
- 285 in Physical Chemistry (tie)
- 368 in Physics (tie)
- 367 in Psychiatry/Psychology
- 354 in Social Sciences and Public Health (tie)
MBA program rankings
Following are the MBA rankings for the university-
- Ranks 10th among public university programs and 29th (tied) overall, Best Graduate Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks 11th in MBA Specialties- Project Management, Best Graduate Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks 12th in MBA Specialties- Information Systems, Best Graduate Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks 20th in MBA Specialties- Business Analytics, Best Graduate Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks 22nd (tied) MBA Specialties- Supply Chain Management, Best Graduate Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks 34th (tied) MBA Specialties- Finance, Best Graduate Business Schools, U.S. News & World Report
- Ranks 17th among U.S. public university programs, 42nd among all U.S. university programs, and ranks 81st overall, Top 100 Full-Time Global MBA Programs, Financial Times
- Ranks 11th among U.S. public university programs and 32nd overall among U.S. schools Best B-Schools 2023-2024, Bloomberg Businessweek
- Ranks 1st among U.S. schools, Learning Index, Best B-Schools 2022-2023, Bloomberg Businessweek
- Ranks 4th among U.S. schools, Networking Index Best B-Schools 2022-2023, Bloomberg Businessweek
- Ranks 17th among public university programs and 40th overall, Poets & Quants Top 100 U.S. MBA Programs
- Ranks 19th among public programs and 43rd overall, Fortune Best MBA Programs
- Ranks 26th among U.S. full-time MBA programs, Best MBA Program Rankings, TFE Times
- Ranks 22nd among U.S. public universities and 46th overall, The Best U.S. Business Schools, Forbes
- Ranks 40th, QS World University Rankings- Full-Time MBA- United States
- The university lists as a Tier One MBA program in the North American MBA Rankings, CEO Magazine
- The University of Texas at Dallas is a prestigious research institution. The rankings prove its worth among the universities in the world.
- According to Shanghai Rankings, the University of Texas at Dallas ranks #301-400 in the world.
- Forbes named the university the best-value public university in Texas.
- Ranks 10th among public university programs and 29th (tied) overall in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Graduate Business Schools.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the University of Texas at Dallas ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All details you need to know about Edinburgh Napier University
Q1. What GPA do you need for UT Dallas?
Answer- Undergraduate students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Graduate students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Q2. What major is UT Dallas known for?
Answer- Computer and Information Sciences, General Biology/Biological Sciences, General Psychology, Digital Arts, Information Technology, Accounting, and Finance are the most popular majors at The University of Texas at Dallas.
Q3. Is living in Dallas worth it?
Answer- Dallas is one of the best places to live in Texas, and it is popular among young professionals and families looking to relocate to Lone Star State. Dallas, one of the safest big cities in America, takes pride in its well-kept streets and desirable neighborhoods.