Table of Contents
- About Greenwich University
- Why study at Greenwich University?
- Top courses at Greenwich University
- Subject areas
- Key takeaways
About Greenwich University
Greenwich University, founded in 1890, is a public university in Kent and London, England. The University has established itself as one of the world’s top academic institutions, with accreditations from prestigious organizations such as AMBA, CIPS, and APS. The university intends to promote colloquiums with international partners for educational initiatives such as Erasmus, study abroad programs, and exchange programs. Continue reading to learn more about Greenwich University courses.
Why study at Greenwich University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at Greenwich University-
- Greenwich is more than just a collection of students and faculty; it is a community of people who share a love of learning. Being a part of the university community instills a sense of pride and responsibility to live up to the high standards of previous generations of students.
- They develop courses in collaboration with business and industry and employ cutting-edge research-based curricula. The university will assist and encourage you to achieve the best possible result.
- Greenwich uses technology in classrooms. One example is lecture capture, which allows you to watch lectures online or on demand.
- They hire highly qualified, expert teachers, most of whom have formal teaching credentials. Many of their academics have previously worked in business or industry. It enables them to provide industry-relevant courses that are up-to-date and accredited by professional bodies.
- The university invested more than £150 million in laboratories, teaching spaces, and student facilities since 2013. It includes the Medway Campus’s new Student Hub and Greenwich’s Dreadnought Building.
- The university provides a wide range of support services to all its students. They assign every student a personal tutor to assist them in their studies at Greenwich.
Top courses at Greenwich University
Below are some of the top Greenwich University courses
Psychology, BSc Hons
The degree not only prepares you for further training for careers in Psychology, but it also helps you develop skills that prospective employers in various fields find appealing. Modules span the discipline’s breadth, from cognitive psychology and neuroscience to developmental psychology and social psychology.
Greenwich University’s Department of Psychology ranked third in London and seventh in the United Kingdom for graduate employment (2021 Guardian League Table). It ranks number one in London for graduate opportunities (2022 Complete University Guide Annual League Table – Psychology). You will follow a BPS-accredited curriculum that will help you prepare for various careers.
Researchers who are experts in their fields will teach you.
Business Economics (Extended), BA Hons
Greenwich University believes economics must contribute to creating an equitable distribution of prosperity, meaningful jobs, and the transition to a carbon-neutral future. The university responds to student and industry calls to change the way people do economics- they are a national leader in applied real-world economics that learns from history and values diversity.
This four-year program is the same as the three-year program, but it includes a foundation year with lower entry requirements. Improve your programming and data skills by using leading data analysis software. They provide options to learn cutting-edge trading platforms and machine learning. The Economics courses ranked in the top three for satisfaction in London (The Complete University Guide League Tables 2023).
Forensic Science with Criminology (Extended), BSc Hons
Biology and physiology, forensic geoscience, and chemistry for life science are all covered in the extended degree in forensic science with criminology. You will also study criminology modules such as policing, violence in society, and terrorism psychology. Hands-on learning includes sessions in the lab and at simulated crime scenes.
The program begins with a foundation year to prepare you for degree-level learning. You’ll then study the same modules as the three-year program. The Guardian University Guide 2022 ranks them ninth in the UK for forensic science. The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, the world’s professional body for forensic science, has accredited the course.
Business with Finance (Extended), BA Hons
This four-year combined business and finance degree, which includes a foundation year, teaches the basics of the banking industry, business analysis, finance, and systems.
Their three-year extended degree in business with finance is the same as the three-year degree, but it includes a foundation year to prepare you for the rest of your studies. Various modules, including business management and development, sustainability, and financial crises, will provide you with essential course knowledge.
80% of students are satisfied with their finance courses (Complete University Guide League Tables 2023). In London, the courses rank in the top five for graduate prospects in Accounting & Finance subjects (The Complete University Guide League Tables 2023).
Finance and Investment Banking (Extended), BSc Hons
Their accounting and financial information systems extended degree program begins with a foundation year to prepare you for degree-level study. Following that, you will study the same modules as a three-year program. Modules of this finance and investment banking course include, corporate finance, investment management, quantitative analysis, and accounting. They will help you get ahead in today’s global business environment.
This four-year program is the same as the three-year program. It includes a foundation year with lower entry requirements. The CFA Institute University Recognition Program accepts BSc Hons in Finance and Investment Banking. Finance and Investment Banking ranks second in London (The Guardian 2023). In London, the courses rank in the top five for graduate prospects in Accounting & Finance subjects (The Complete University Guide League Tables 2023).
Here are the subject areas you can choose for your courses-
- Accounting and finance degrees
- Architecture degrees
- Biology and biomedical science degrees
- Business and management degrees
- Chemistry degrees
- Computer science degrees
- Criminology degrees
- Design degrees
- Drama degrees
- Early years studies degrees
- Economics degrees
- Education studies degrees
- Engineering degrees
- English degrees
- Environmental science degrees
- Film and media degrees
- Forensic science degrees
- Games and digital media degrees
- Health and social care degrees
- History degrees
- Human nutrition and health degrees
- Human resources degrees
- International relations degrees
- Landscape architecture degrees
- Law degrees
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management degrees
- Marketing and advertising degrees
- Mathematics degrees
- Midwifery degrees
- Nursing degrees
- Paramedic science degrees
- PE, Sports, and Exercise Science degrees
- Pharmacy degrees
- Psychology degrees
- Public health degrees
- Science degrees
- Social work degrees
- Sociology degrees
- Teacher training degrees
- Tourism, hospitality, and events degrees
- Students can choose from 200 courses at Greenwich University.
- Since 2013, the university invested more than £150 million in laboratories, classrooms, and student facilities.
- Psychology, Business Economics, and Business and Finance from Greenwich University are among the top courses in the UK.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Greenwich University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of the Fraser Valley | Courses and rankings
Q1. Is Greenwich University easy to get into?
Answer- The acceptance rate at the University of Greenwich is 64.6% on average. It ideally means that the University of Greenwich accepts approximately 64 applicants out of every 100 applicants.
Q2. What GPA do you need to get into Greenwich University?
Answer- Greenwich University requires a minimum GPA of 3.3 for admission to the university.
Q3. How long does it take to receive CAS from Greenwich University?
Answer- The university will issue the CAS once they confirm your information is correct. It can take up to six months.