Table of Contents
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a prominent Australian university with an international reputation for teaching, learning, and research excellence. The University of Western Australia is noted for its gorgeous campus and sandstone architecture, and it is located on the Swan River, just minutes from Perth. It has stood for excellence for over a century, producing high-achieving graduates such as a Prime Minister, a Nobel Prize winner, an Oscar-winning filmmaker, groundbreaking doctors and scientists, award-winning journalists, and celebrated writers, musicians, and archaeologists – experts in a wide range of disciplines.
Why choose UWA?
UWA belongs to the Group of Eight(Go8) which comprises the most research intensive universities, and it is the alma mater of Nobel Laureate Professor Barry Marshall. They have over 75 research and training facilities and receive more than 80% of total research funding from WA institutions each year.
- Student-teacher ratio, student demands, undergraduate teaching quality, and postgraduate learner engagement all earned five stars for UWA (Good Universities Guide, 2021).
- Western Australia University collaborates with three local and international university networks.
- UWA is a research-intensive institution and a member of the Australian Group of Eight Universities, which has a global presence
- 93rd in the world (QS World University Ranking 2022)
- World top 50 for 10+ subjects (ARWU 2020)
What are the most popular majors at The University of Western Australia?
Students studying at UWA have the opportunity to get a world-class degree. Its courses are meant to provide students with a competitive advantage by providing practical experience and useful skills to help them thrive in their jobs. Students can take units from a variety of areas, allowing them to combine their personal and professional aspirations. It enables students to discover interests in topics as divergent as accounting and zoology, human biology and media, and social sciences and marketing.
- Social Sciences
- Business & Management
- Medicine & Health
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- Education & Training
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Computer Science & IT
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Journalism & Media
According to the QS World University Rankings by Topic 2020: UWA, 11 courses rate in the top 50 in the world. (ranked globally)
|Mining and Mineral Engineering||4th|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||21st|
|Human Biological Sciences||33rd|
The University of Western Australia tuition Fees:
To enroll, the student must present proof of past academic performance and certificates of examinations passed as part of the application process. The academic year has two semesters. A bachelor’s degree at UWA is not cheap, with an annual tuition of USD 25,399. When it comes to obtaining a master’s degree, UWA is a costly option, with tuition of USD 25,399 each year of study.
Scholarships and Funding
The University of Western Australia provides scholarships to overseas students from all around the world.
Global Excellence Scholarship
High-achieving students are automatically eligible for an annual tuition cost discount.
Semester in 2022:
- They will receive scholarships of up to AUD 36,000 over three years for selected undergraduate programs.
- They will receive a grant up to AUD 24,000 over two years for postgraduate studies.
- For certain combined bachelor’s and master’s degrees or four-year undergraduate degrees, they will get up to AUD 48,000 over four years.
Scholarship for Global Sporting Excellence
The UWA Global Sporting Excellence Grant is given to high-performing athletes from eligible nations who are pursuing the degree.
Semester in 2022:
- Undergraduate students will get up to AUD 36,000 in scholarships over three years on approved courses.
- Postgraduate students will get an award up to AUD 24,000 over two years.
- Students studying an eligible new combined bachelor’s and master’s (CBM) degree or other eligible four-year undergraduate degrees will receive up to AUD 48,000 over four years.
International postgraduate scholarships
The International postgraduate scholarship is aimed at students who excelled in their undergraduate studies at a foreign university and aspire to pursue a master’s degree by coursework at UWA.
Programs and Student Population: The University of Western Australia offers over 290 programs to overseas students. Furthermore, the university is home to seven of the world’s most highly cited researchers. The research involves over 60 professors from all of Australia’s learned institutions. The University of Western Australia has approximately 22,000 students from all over the world enrolled in six faculties. The MBA program at the University of Western Australia is a flagship program offering a part-time study option.
Acceptance Rate: The university has a 38 percent acceptance rate, suggesting that entrance conditions are rigorous.
Admission Deadlines: The university accepts applications for the Fall and Spring semesters. It has set course deadlines, however, applications will accept until 3 weeks before the semester starts. Postgraduate research students, on the other hand, are not bound by a timetable. The Flexible MBA admits students in trimesters, whereas the Intensive MBA takes applications in January.
Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a better Australian Tertiary Admission Rank to be considered for admission to UWA. To be able to get admission, undergraduate students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (83-86 percent).
Graduate students must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a GPA between 50 and 65 percent. Applicants who are unable to apply directly for their preferred topic may participate in the ‘Foundation’ pre-university program.
Visa Requirements: Approximately 90% of international students are granted an Australian student visa within 42 days of arrival.
- The Institution of Western Australia (UWA) was founded in 1911 and is Australia’s sixth oldest significant university.
- It incorporates specialized courses as part of the curriculum and the chosen program. The university’s academic organization is made up of a range of courses in six faculties, which are further broken into many departments and schools.
- As a result, students can pursue their interests in a variety of disciplines. Furthermore, the institution is home to several research centers and organizations with cutting-edge research resources.
- Some of the university’s well-known research centers include the Oceans Institute, the Centre for Energy and Minerals, and Cemex.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog post, if you have any doubts you can reach out to us here.
You can also leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Liked this blog? Read next: Why study in Australia | Top benefits, colleges, fees, and more!
When will UWA reply to the filed application?
It usually takes UWA 10 business days to process the application, you will be notified by an email.
What happens if your application is accepted?
After the application is accepted, the student is issued an offer letter that includes his or her new student number as well as crucial course information such as course code, study mode, and so on. It will also tell you what you need to do next, such as how to reply to the offer.
What if the application is turned down?
Students will be notified of the outcome of their application through email. If the applicant has additional options for admittance, these will be mentioned in the email.