Table of Contents
- What is a BMS course?
- The benefits of pursuing a BMS course
- BMS course eligibility
- BMS course skills
- BMS syllabus
- Top BMS colleges
- BMS job opportunities
- Key takeaways
What is a BMS course?
Bachelor of Management Studies is an undergraduate program that offers students knowledge and understanding of management. The duration of a BMS course is three years. It also includes brief human resource management studies, economics, and business management.
Studying a BMS course can prepare you to enter the industry and face real-world challenges in a fast-changing world. BMS courses are also an excellent option for new entrepreneurs. It helps them learn how to expand businesses with minimum risks.
Let us look at some popular BMS course specializations-
This course specialization focuses on applying management principles in the field of hospitality. More and more students are choosing a career in hospitality management in recent times. It is a fast-growing sector and deals with various fields such as travel, tourism, hotel, catering, and housekeeping. ,
The course goes beyond classroom education; it gives students a chance to experience hands-on work. After completing their undergraduate studies in hospitality management, students can get recruited into the teaching profession. Students can also join the top hospitality job domains or pursue post-graduation in their preferred field.
This course teaches you everything about how to start and run a business. It allows you to understand profits and what you must do to make your business grow and sustain through the ever-changing environment of trade and economy.
There are certain skills and insights you will learn in this course that will be helpful in the long run. Entrepreneurship not only provides self-employment but also plays a vital role in a country’s economy. It opens up new possibilities and leads to innovation and expansion.
3. Digital Marketing
One of the highly emerging fields of study and a booming industry worldwide, digital marketing is the new trend. As we become dependent on online marketplaces, almost all businesses seek a digital presence; therefore, the demand for digital marketers has increased in the past years. A BMS degree in digital marketing will increase your chances of getting employed; you can also study further, upskill and get future-ready.
4. Service Management
When we say management, we mean people undertaking and providing various services and managing the organization. Service Management (SM) is mainly based on the hospitality industry and involves various activities, such as lodging, event planning, tourism, and transportation.
The course provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to succeed in this industry. It teaches them team building and leadership skills to prepare students for suitable positions and enhances their abilities to climb up the ladder.
5. Public Relations
This is an important industry, and at the core of it is creating and maintaining a positive reputation of an organization with the public. PR helps promote the brand by reaching out to prospective customers, partners, investors, and others. It includes strategic communication to build mutually beneficial relationships and customers.
PR personnel should have good contacts with the media, and they must be good at writing and talking to influence the mass and deal with various public groups and organizations.
The benefits of pursuing a BMS course
The Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) degree was relatively unknown a few years ago, but recently, demand has been noticeable. Today, some of the most prominent universities worldwide are offering complete 3-year courses along with specializations. Students are shifting from the traditional streams and are now interested in taking up a course that will get them a high-paying, fulfilling career. The following are the benefits of a BMS course-
1. Quality of education
Science, arts, or commerce streams have become relatively stagnant, and students may need to do additional courses to get a good job. Since BMS is a professional course, it aims to give practical knowledge to students and not just theoretical knowledge.
The course syllabus has been designed by some of the most brilliant minds in the industry and teaches you everything that happens in a business and its various departments. It is updated, new, and more relevant. Much importance is given to personality development, and the overall quality of education is excellent.
2. Alternative to an expensive BBA
The BMS course is very similar to the BBA course. The subjects are more or less identical, and so are the practicals and the careers they offer. The difference, however, is crucial. The average fees of BBA are higher than the average BMS course fees. Though each college’s fee structure may be different, BMS is a more affordable choice.
3. A better understanding of business
The BMS course gives you a detailed idea of the fundamentals of business. It is an ideal course to study if you aim to become a businessman or entrepreneur. Many students, who wish to start their business or join their family business, choose the BMS course to understand the fundamentals.
4. Career opportunities & higher salaries
A BMS course salary earned is much higher than what you would get after completing a usual bachelor’s course. You can land a great job right after college and start with a higher salary than what most conventional graduates get. You may also expect promotions and additional benefits.
BMS course scope is immense, and you get to choose your career from a variety of options. It offers you the highest potential to grow, have a successful career and make an excellent living. This is one of the most significant benefits of a BMS course because many undergrad courses provide students with limited career options.
6. Higher education
A BMS degree is enough to get you a good job in the industry of your choice. Even if you want to study further, there are several options. You can opt for a master’s degree or others.
BMS course eligibility
- Students are required to pass class 12th.
- While the cut-off marks may vary from college to college, students must have 50%-60% marks in their 12th.
- The age limit for admission in a BMS course for the general category is 22, and 24 in the reserved category.
- Some colleges also give direct admission based on merit. However, some may want candidates to appear for entrance exams.
BMS course skills
- You must have leadership and team-building qualities
- You should have the ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds both within and outside the organization.
- Effective communication skills are always necessary.
- Adequate knowledge of current affairs.
- You should learn and stay updated with new business techniques.
- Proper understanding of the changing scenario of business management.
- Risk analysis and problem-solving skills.
- You should be able to think well and make quick and correct decisions.
- Confidence is the key skill to have.
- Always have an open mind to support and benefit the organization.
Some of the BMS course subjects taught in colleges are-
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Foundation of Human Skills
- Marketing Management
- Computer Applications in Business
- Environmental Management
- Financial Management
- Public Relations Management
Top BMS colleges
- Michigan State University
- Auckland University of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- York University
- Pace University
BMS job opportunities
After completion of a BMS course, students can explore several career opportunities. They can choose to continue with other courses after a BMS degree, pursue a master’s degree or do an MBA to boost their career. The course provides them with adequate knowledge of management and more. Here is a list of job roles for students with a BMS degree-
- HR Executive
- Quality Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Assistant Manager
- Choosing the right career is like an investment. What may be the right choice for others may not necessarily be the right fit for you!
- Make a choice that interests you and identify your strengths and capabilities.
- Consult with a counselor to discuss your options and guide you well.
- Research is extremely important, and make sure you learn about the course, college, future prospects, and the faculty.
- If management is your ultimate goal, choosing BMS will put you on the right future path.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. In case of further assistance, reach out to us or drop a comment below!
Liked this Blog? Read: 7 principles of management every MBA aspirant must know about
Q1. Can I get a job in a bank after studying BMS?
Answer- Yes, after completing BMS, you can apply for a job in the banking sector as a manager or others. There are also many jobs in the banking sector. However, you will have to apply for the exams.
Q2. What is the fee for a BMS course in the US?
Answer- The average annual out-of-state cost for a bachelor’s program in Business Management and Administration is $33,896.
Q3. Can I do a BMS online course?
Answer- Yes, you can do a BMS course online as it offers you flexibility as well as the choice to take semester breaks.
See what others are saying
The perfect guide to know everything about BMS!