Table of Contents
Pursuing polytechnic courses is the latest educational trend among students of all backgrounds. And, it is catching up because practical knowledge is important to make you ready for the industrial world. The range of growth opportunities associated with polytechnic courses makes it an attractive option for a great career.
With the advent of new technologies, there is a need for technically skilled resources. Besides, polytechnic courses offer you a chance to get into a degree college in the second year. Notably, many colleges reserve a specific number of seats for diploma students. So, grab this opportunity and make the most of it. Read on to find out some of the best polytechnic courses available!
What are Polytechnic courses?
Polytechnic is a diploma course from an institute that focuses on vocational or technical education. Most of these courses are three-year programs, and candidates who successfully complete them can obtain a certificate. The courses give students an edge in practical areas and are often preferred by students who want to invest in a startup.
As promised, here is a list of polytechnic courses you may be interested in:
There are many specialized courses in the field of agriculture. You can learn about the uses of farming machinery and understand the technologies used. There is ample scope, and you can get government jobs too in the agriculture department. Agriculture courses typically last around two years and impart knowledge on crop management, climate, and pest handling. Besides, they also offer basic knowledge in Biotechnology and Chemistry.
There is a huge demand for this course, and you may get jobs in well-reputed nursing homes, medical writing, administration, and more after completing the course. Also, you can develop skills to become a competent nurse, assist as staff in clinics and learn to take care of patients.
Nursing diploma courses will make you an important part of the health care sector and enhance your communication skills. You can even explore the field of teaching with this polytechnic course. Most diplomas in the nursing field usually run for three years and include the study of surgical operations and monitoring wards.
This is a certificate course that gives you basic knowledge of the subject. This course equips you with theoretical knowledge and practical know-how. It may include modules on sketching, painting, handicrafts, creative art, and more.
There are various job prospects under the art and craft course, such as teaching, working in the public or private sector, etc.
4. Software diploma
Although a bachelor’s or a master’s degree is more common, some universities offer a diploma in software development. These courses teach coding with various languages, algorithms, data, automation, and other useful topics.
In some cases, you may be able to laterally enter a degree program after completing your diploma course. Employment options include software programmer, game developer, database manager, and app developer.
This type, of course, includes subjects like civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, and computer science. Keep in mind that these courses are not the same as an engineering degree. Often these courses are shorter in duration. Students who pass these courses receive a technical certificate or diploma.
Eligibility criteria for polytechnic courses
The eligibility criteria for each course vary from institution to institution, but some general requirements are as follows:
- You must have successfully passed class 10th or 12th. Mathematics, Science, and English are compulsory subjects to apply for the courses.
- You need to obtain the minimum marks required in the qualifying examination to get admission to an institution.
- You must first fill in a registration form to get admission to any polytechnic program. It may ask for some basic information, such as academic and contact details. Besides, you may have to pay a nominal fee. Ensure that you submit the form and pay the fee within the specified period.
- You will receive the admit cards for polytechnic entrance exams. The admit card contains the candidate’s name, exam date, and time. And, you must carry it to the exam center.
- After the entrance exam, results are declared on a specific date. The qualifying candidates will be eligible for admission and be called for the counseling process.
Things to remember before applying for Polytechnic courses
- You can apply for the course at an institute after passing class 10th. However, you need to clear entrance exams before applying for polytechnic courses.
- Polytechnic courses are a blend of technical courses, and you must choose a course according to your interests and future goals.
- When it comes to technical studies, experiences are very important. Therefore, you must do thorough research about the colleges that offer courses in technical and vocational subjects.
- A polytechnic course is different from getting a degree. But, you can easily go for it and grab the best jobs after these courses.
We hope you now have a clear idea about the polytechnic courses and can choose a field you wish to explore. Once you are skilled enough, you can be assured of a successful career. You must be confident and research about all the top universities that offer unique polytechnic courses.
Did you like reading about these polytechnic courses? Tell us in the comments below! Also, if you have any questions/suggestions, reach out to us!
Q1. What is the counseling process?
Answer- Candidates who clear the entrance examination can participate in the counseling process. After the counseling, the college authorities allot seats to the candidates based on their merit, preference, and availability of seats.
Q2. What is instrumentation engineering?
Answer- This branch of engineering specializes in measuring instruments used in the design, configuration, and development of devices and systems.
Q3. What is the fee structure of polytechnic courses?
Answer- Polytechnic courses cost more as compared to courses like BE and B.Tech. Polytechnic fees depend upon colleges and the course chosen. In addition to tuition fees, you may have to pay other charges like uniforms, books, transportation, and accommodation.