Table of Contents
- Why do I need to improve my English?
- 1. English Speaking Patterns Mastery: Upgrade your English (Udemy)
- 2. Improve Your English Communication Skills (Coursera)
- 3. English Speaking Complete: English Language Mastery (Udemy)
- 4. English for Career Development (Coursera)
- 5. English for Beginners: Intensive English Spoken Course (Udemy)
- 6. Exploring English: Language and Culture (Future Learn)
- 7. Learn English: Advanced Academic Speaking and Listening Specialisation (Coursera)
- 8. IELTS Preparation (Coursera)
- 9. Speak Better English (Lingoda)
- 10. Learn English for Free (Perfectly Spoken)
English is the most widely spoken language across the world. Therefore, enhancing your English speaking skills is imperative. An English speaking course can be a great way to brush up on your speaking skills and help you communicate effectively. You can choose to go for in-person lessons to improve your command of the language or pick from a number of courses available online. These online English speaking courses are absolutely free and provide you with quality information. But before we look at this list of courses, let’s see why you need to invest in improving your English at all.
Why do I need to improve my English?
- With around 379 million speakers, English is one of the most spoken languages in the world. A good grasp on the English language will help you communicate effectively with others, regardless of where you are in the world.
- It is the primary language of instruction in most colleges across the world.
- English can be a major asset at your workplace. With fluent communication skills in English, you will come across as confident, well-spoken, as well as someone who takes initiative.
- An English speaking course will help you improve your vocabulary, pronunciation, diction, and even teach you how to express yourself in certain situations.
- English is often a mandatory requirement if you want to study abroad. If English is not your first language, then you need to clear international English language tests such as TOEFL or IELTS along with the usual aptitude tests.
Following are the best English speaking courses you can find online-
1. English Speaking Patterns Mastery: Upgrade your English (Udemy)
This course, offered by Udemy, is about 5:30 hours long. The information in this course is concise and offers you an understanding of words and phrases used by native English speakers. As you take each lesson, you will understand certain patterns of speaking which you can implement in your own speech. The course also helps you improve your listening skills along with your spoken English skills.
2. Improve Your English Communication Skills (Coursera)
This certificate course in English speaking is taught by eminent professors from the Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. It focuses on improving verbal as well as written communication, such as emails and messages. There are also modules that focus on public speaking, communicating with peers, presentations, and writing. The course is an excellent choice for working professionals.
3. English Speaking Complete: English Language Mastery (Udemy)
This is one of the most popular English speaking courses on Udemy and is about 41:30 hours in duration. You get all-around training for your vocabulary and conversation skills. As a result, by the end of the course, you may be speaking English as fluently as a native speaker. You will even get to download and keep the resources you use for future reference.
4. English for Career Development (Coursera)
Taught by professors from the University of Pennsylvania, USA, this course is was created for working people. The primary purpose of the course is to improve your communication skills in a way that will help you build your network. It covers everything from communication skills for interviews, to resume writing, as well as effective conversation skills.
5. English for Beginners: Intensive English Spoken Course (Udemy)
The Intensive English Spoken Course is apt for beginners and is 77 hours long. You get to learn the basics of spoken English through interactive and animated videos. This is also a great course for IELTS and TOEFL aspirants who are struggling with basic English.
6. Exploring English: Language and Culture (Future Learn)
Taught by the British Council, this course provides an exciting way to learn the finer aspects of British English. You get to improve your English speaking skills along with learning about British culture through music, films, and literature. And if you are someone who is planning to move to the UK for a job or higher studies, then this course is just for you!
7. Learn English: Advanced Academic Speaking and Listening Specialisation (Coursera)
Taught by the University of California, Irvine, USA, this is a lengthy 5-month course. It helps you develop your English speaking skills in a planned manner with greater emphasis on your development. The course is specifically designed to help non-native English speakers. So that by the end of the course, you can expect to gain a strong mastery of the language.
8. IELTS Preparation (Coursera)
This course is also taught by the University of California, Irvine. It caters to students who are looking to take the IELTS examination. The course not only focuses on English speaking but also prepares a student to successfully clear the IELTS examination.
9. Speak Better English (Lingoda)
This English speaking course by Lingoda offers both group as well as private classes to help students learn better. With examinations and focus on individual shortcomings, this course will help you develop strong English speaking skills. Group classes help you interact with your peers and make your communication skills stronger in a positive environment.
10. Learn English for Free (Perfectly Spoken)
The Perfectly Spoken English course first determines what your current skill set is based on a few questions. After estimating your current level, the program starts with exercises based on your level of English knowledge. You can do this course anytime for free.
1. Are online English speaking courses credible?
Yes, some of these courses are taught by professors from esteemed universities around the globe. You also receive certifications from these universities once you complete your course.
2. Can I download an English speaking course app on my phone?
Yes. You can download the mobile applications of online courses like Coursera and Udemy, and access courses from there.
3. What is usually taught in an English speaking course?
Some of the components usually taught in an English speaking course online are-
- English grammar
- Communication skills
- Vocabulary and word recognition
- Writing skills
- Tonality and expression
4. Are all professional English speaking courses online free of charge?
No. There are some courses which are chargeable too. You can check whether a course is free or not when you enroll in one.