Table of Contents
About Chelmsford campus
Chelmsford campus comes under one of Anglia Ruskin University’s (ARU) campuses. ARU is a forward-thinking global university that attracts students from 185 countries. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023, the university ranks as one of the top 350 institutions in the world and one of the top 40 in the United Kingdom. Let’s find out more about the Chelmsford campus and what it offers.
Chelmsford campus highlights
- The new School of Medicine is educating a new generation of doctors.
- The award-winning Lord Ashcroft Building houses one of the largest business schools in the East of England.
- Chelmsford campus has high-quality study facilities, including lecture theatres, mock hospital wards, and our medical science SuperLabs.
- The campus has a university library and computer lab.
- There are restaurants, cafés, and plenty of outdoor space.
- Arise Chelmsford is an innovation center that helps new businesses get started.
- The Students’ Union, medical center, gym, ARU Temps, and finance and accommodation offices are among the services the Chelmsford campus provides.
What are the reasons to pursue education at the Chelmsford campus?
Let’s look at five reasons that will convince you to study at the Chelmsford campus.
1. Great place to study
The Chelmsford campus is a wonderful place to be, with its tranquil setting by the river. It has plenty of outdoor space and fitness trails throughout the campus. With over 6,000 students, there is also a strong multicultural vibe.
They train most of the region’s nurses and midwives, and house students studying education, law, engineering, business, architecture, computing, and other fields. It results in a fantastic mix of people.
2. World-class teaching and research
The bright and highly motivating tutors will inspire you to put your best foot forward. The faculty members receive nominations for several prestigious higher education awards for teaching or subject expertise. You will benefit from industry experience, which aids in the development of courses and teaching. You will graduate with a degree that is relevant to the workplace.
The Policing Institute for the Eastern Region (PIER), the Veterans and Families Institute for Military Social Research (VFI), and the Medical Technology Research Centre (MTRC) are all available on the Chelmsford campus.
3. Campus life
If you are a first-year undergraduate, you will almost certainly live on campus in the Student Village. The students appreciate how close they are to everything, whether it is lectures, cafes, the library, clubs, or Students’ Union (SU) fun.
You can unwind in the Tindal building’s Students’ Union lounge, which hosts everything from bar nights to live music. It also hosts a weekly club night and Midweek Mashup in the city center. The SU supports over 30 clubs and societies and encourages its members to start new ones.
Then there are sports! Chelmsford has a long history of sporting success, from judo to distance running, and there are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved and have fun!
4. Chelmsford Student Village
The Student Village is close to all the university facilities because it is right in the heart of the campus. Numerous high-street shops, restaurants, and cafes are just a 15-minute walk away.
The Student Village divides 511 rooms into 110 flats. Most of them are en-suite. Residents can also use the two laundries and bicycle storage. ARU manages the Student Village, and the Housing Management team will be available to assist you with any questions you may have once you arrive.
Student Village offers
- The bills include (water, electricity, internet, and possessions insurance)
- Wi-Fi and wired internet are available.
- There are both en-suite and non-en-suite rooms available.
- There are two self-service laundries.
- Storage for bicycles
- They deliver the post to the front door of the apartment.
- Residence Assistants in the Student Village
- 24-hour campus security and external CCTV
- The rent includes repairs and maintenance.
- Adapted rooms are available for students with disabilities or medical needs.
5. Living in Chelmsford
With a great mix of independent stores, high street retail, restaurants, bars, and cafes, it’s easy to see why Chelmsford ranks as one of the top ten places to live in the UK.
Chelmsford has a long history as the birthplace of broadcasting and one of Britain’s first Roman settlements. Today, it provides a warm welcome with a vibrant feel, making it the ideal base for exploring the surrounding Essex and Suffolk counties. The capital city of London is only 30 minutes away by train.
According to a study by food supplement manufacturer Biocare, Chelmsford is the second healthiest city in the United Kingdom. Not surprising given the amount of social sport on campus and the abundance of sports facilities throughout the city.
- Chelmsford ranks as one of the top places to live in the UK.
- Chelmsford campus comes under one of Anglia Ruskin University’s campuses.
- The campus welcomes over 6000 students from diverse backgrounds.
- Chelmsford provides world-class teaching and research with industry experience for students.
- The Student Village at Chelmsford campus provides various fasciitis to the students. They have en-suite and non-suite rooms, wifi, storage for bicycles, and more.
- The Student Union has more than 30 clubs for student recreation and fun.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on the Chelmsford campus. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Dakota Wesleyan University | One of the best in the Midwest
Q1. Is Essex a good place to live?
Answer- Beautiful countryside and forest surround Essex. It has a plethora of successful independent restaurants and businesses and has the UK’s sunniest coastline. Furthermore, some areas in Essex are only a half-hour train ride from London, making them ideal for commuting to the city.
Q2. Is it difficult to get into Anglia Ruskin University?
Answer- Anglia Ruskin University has an acceptance rate of 52% for UG and PG programs. You can easily get admission to this university with the necessary documents and scores.
Q3. Is Anglia Ruskin University good for international students?
Answer- The International Student Barometer consistently ranks the university among the top universities in the country for its Arrival, Welcome, and Orientation program. University students come from 185 different countries. The university has a 90% student satisfaction rate.