Table of Contents
- What is artificial intelligence?
- What is the full form of SDLC?
- What is an IP address?
- If you have to learn a new programming language for this position, which language will you choose?
- What would you do to maintain consistency across the unit, quality, and overall production environments?
- What kind of development tools have you used?
- How do you stay updated on the latest technologies in the industry?
- How can I prepare for a technical interview?
- Key takeaways
Preparing for interviews well in advance is the key to cracking the final stage of the recruitment process. A good strategy can be a great way to ensure you put your best foot forward on the final day. Technical knowledge is one of the core requirements for opportunities across different sectors, especially the IT sector. A strong understanding of basic technical concepts can help recruiters determine how well-suited you are for their organization. Practice with the following most popular 7 technical interview questions for freshers!
Your technical ability and understanding of a business are strong determinants of whether you will be able to perform the assigned role.
Sharpen your knowledge and expertise with the following technical questions and tips for answering –
What is artificial intelligence?
This is one of the most basic technical interview questions for freshers. Form a response based on the following example –
Artificial intelligence is one of the latest technologies to emerge from the computer science industry. It has the characteristic of an intelligent machine that can behave almost exactly like a human, that is, it can solve any task.
What is the full form of SDLC?
Some technical interview questions for freshers will test your knowledge of commonly used terminology. Here is how you can answer this question –
SDLC stands for Software Development Life Cycle. It is one of the most popular technical processes in the industry that provides high-quality software products in a short period.
What is an IP address?
With this specific technical question, the interviewer is attempting to understand if you can talk about technical concepts in an easy-to-comprehend manner. Remember to give a straightforward answer and consider the following questions when drafting your response –
- What is the main function of the item in the question?
- What does the item in the question help people accomplish?
If you have to learn a new programming language for this position, which language will you choose?
This is among the slightly more complex technical interview questions for freshers that allow room for you to answer based on your knowledge and experience.
You can answer this question by keeping the following points in mind –
- State your readiness to expand your knowledge and learn a new skill.
- Talk about any programming language that you already know or have experience with. Examples include Python, SQL, and Java.
- State a programming language that can help you accomplish your role’s objectives as smoothly and effectively as possible.
What would you do to maintain consistency across the unit, quality, and overall production environments?
This is one of the more situational technical interview questions for freshers. While the question is not directly asking you to state your technical skills, mentioning the same can be a great way to reinforce your talents and expertise.
Situational interview questions are designed to evaluate how effectively you solve problems. An employer will often ask this question to understand if you have anticipated any challenges you will face in the company and how you will deal with them.
What kind of development tools have you used?
This is among the frequently asked technical interview questions for freshers that determine if you are a viable candidate for employment. Therefore, before participating in the interview, ensure you have gone through every detail in the job listing posted by the employer.
If you know in advance that there is a specific technical competency that the organization is looking for, the best strategy is to sign up for a relevant training course. This can help you honestly claim that you are currently honing your command of the relevant technology.
How do you stay updated on the latest technologies in the industry?
In the case of this specific question, what the interviewer is actually looking for is the drive you have to learn and grow in the field.
You can answer this question by stating how technology is an ever-evolving field and highlighting your efforts to remain updated with the latest happenings in the industry. It is in technical interview questions for freshers such as these that you can talk about how you follow tech experts on social media or have participated in courses that incorporate newer technologies in the curriculum.
How can I prepare for a technical interview?
Practicing delivering professional answers to the above 7 technical interview questions for freshers is beneficial! However, there is more you can do!
Here are some quick tips to help you perform at your best during a technical interview –
- Go through the job description thoroughly. This can help you determine what you need to study before the interview. Some of the concepts you may be required to practice include using business intelligence tools, coding in a specific language, and learning data structures.
- Explain your approach clearly and concisely when answering a question, using logical reasoning and problem-solving abilities. This points out whether you have the skills necessary for managerial-level positions.
- Finally, do not hesitate to ask for clarification regarding a technical question asked in an interview. In cases where you do not know the answer, you can directly let the interviewer know or ask probing questions that can direct you to the correct response.
- The technological sector is booming, with a plethora of lucrative opportunities available for aspirants with relevant knowledge.
- Preparing for a technical interview requires a thorough understanding of the job description and skills you are expected to have.
- Practice for your interview with the above 7 commonly asked technical interview questions for freshers.
- The tips listed in the blog are also designed to give you additional information on how to put your best foot forward on the final interview day.
Did you enjoy this blog? If yes, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on the technical interview questions for freshers! We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Read next: College interview tips | Your university interview checklist!
Q1. How many technical certifications should I attempt to achieve?
Answer – This is entirely dependent on what your professional goals are. In most cases, a minimum of 3 to 5 technical certifications is recommended.
Q2. Can I opt for a technical role with an education background in another stream?
Answer – Yes, you can! In any technical role, it is important to have the relevant knowledge authenticated by certifications from reputed authorities. You will gain a better understanding of the technical skills you are expected to have by going through the job description for a specified role.
Q3. What are behavioral interview questions?
Answer – Behavioral interview questions are often asked to help interviewers determine if candidates have the personality and behavioral traits that are a good fit for their company in the long term. You can consider answering behavioral-type questions by employing the STAR (situation, task, action, and result) method.