Table of Contents
About the University of Roehampton
Founded in 1975, the University of Roehampton is a public higher education institution in London, England. The university has a total enrollment of 22,754, with 30% males and 70% females. Over 9,248 students enroll in programs by the university. The university’s ten academic departments offer 50 undergraduate, 90 graduate, and doctoral programs. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at the University of Roehampton?
Here are a few reasons to study at the university
- The university can change people’s lives by assisting students in developing the knowledge, confidence, and values required for a successful life.
- Students can conduct world-class research that will help them understand the world and change it for the better.
- The university’s Business School offers a global MBA degree that you can complete in one year of full-time enrollment.
- Numerous study abroad opportunities are available to students to help them gain employability and language skills, make friends, and learn about new cultures.
- Students from more than 140 countries can study together.
- The University of Roehampton campus will assist students in integrating into the community, and their friends can teach students a great deal about cultural values.
- The university has received a Silver rating in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework for providing students with high-quality instruction.
University of Roehampton ranking
- 201-250 by Young University Rankings by Times Higher Education (2022)
- 801-1000 by World University Rankings by Times Higher Education (2022)
- 501-600 by Social Sciences by Times Higher Education (2022)
- 401-500 by Psychology by Times Higher Education (2022)
|Average living expenses (Bachelors)||£12,382|
|Average living expenses (Masters)||£12,382|
|Average on-campus living expenses||£4,856|
University of Roehampton London admission
Follow the below steps to apply at the university
- Students can apply online through the university’s website.
- Complete the application form
- Enter all relevant information.
- Submit all required documentation.
The admission requirements vary depending on the department. Still, all international students at the University of Roehampton must submit the following documents
- Official high school transcripts
- English proficiency test scorecard
- A valid passport.
- Tier 4 Visa
Exams accepted by the university
Take a look at the programs offered by the university
- International students seek admission to undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and short-term programs at the University of Roehampton.
- There are over 50 undergraduate programs and 90 graduate programs.
- Business School, Dance, Drama, Theatre and Performance, Education, School of Humanities, Life Sciences, Media, Culture and Language, Social Sciences, and Psychology are among the institute’s ten academic departments.
- In addition to traditional degree programs, the university offers short-term professional development programs in psychology, business, education, and other fields.
Here are some of the facilities provided by the university
- Students have access to sports and recreation facilities on campus, such as gyms, martial arts, outdoor sports, esports, and so on.
- Students can socialize in cafes, restaurants, bars, self-catering facilities, and so on.
- The university also hosts weekly markets on campus.
- The Students’ Union hosts live music, karaoke, and The Bop, a regular Friday night club.
- Students can join over 50 student union clubs based on their interests.
- The University is proud to have one of the best University Libraries in London.
- Apart from a high-quality education, the institute offers sports and recreational activities such as badminton, football, and yoga.
- The University promotes a rich musical culture on campus by promoting jazz and classical music.
The university offers all first-year international students on-campus housing. On campus, there are 1,500 single occupancies and self-catered rooms with the alternative of an en-suite bathroom.
Most housing is for first-year students, but postgraduate and mature student housing is available and advised for those who prefer more peaceful surroundings. The university can also assist students who wish to live in private accommodation in Roehampton or closer to central London.
The University of Roehampton offers several scholarships for international students studying in the United Kingdom. They award grants and aid to students based on need, merit, sports, and music. Here are a few scholarships
International Excellence Scholarship (1000- 4000 GBP)- This scholarship is open to international undergraduate students. The scholarship is based on academic achievement and is renewable for three years.
Scholarship for Sporting Excellence (500- 1500 GBP)- This award is open to domestic and international students. The Sports and Active Communities Manager bestows it based on athletic achievements.
Roehampton Music Scholarship (1,200 GBP)- The scholarship is open to international and domestic students. In addition to the award amount, recipients receive travel and entry reimbursement for competitions and gym access.
Scholarship for International Excellence- 4,000 GBP per year
Scholarships for Esports- 1,500 GBP per year
Here’s how the university helps with placements
- The University of Roehampton’s Careers team helps students and alums members in finding suitable employment opportunities.
- The Careers team also provides access to the online job portal Career-Link, and CV help and organizes career seminars and workshops.
- Graduates from the University of Roehampton make between 49,000 and 57,000 USD per year, depending on their major.
- Students living on the Roehampton campus have the unique chance to explore a traditional college campus while being close to London’s vibrant culture.
- The university does not charge applicants an application fee.
- For international admissions, the university accepts IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL iBT as proof of English proficiency.
- International students from over 140 countries are accepted at the university.
- The university has a graduate employment rate of more than 93%.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on the University of Roehampton, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: An introduction to the University of Bristol
Q1. What is the University of Roehampton acceptance rate?
Answer- The University of Roehampton has an acceptance rate of 42%.
Q2. Is the University of Roehampton London good for MBA?
Answer- You will graduate from the Roehampton MBA with strong project management and global business management skills, which are in high demand by employers in both the private and public sectors.
Q3. Does the University of Roehampton do interviews?
Answer- The interview aims to ensure that you are a genuine student. They may ask questions about your background and immigration history, your previous education, the studies you intend to pursue in the UK, and your financial situation.