Table of Contents
Western New England University is a private, non-profit university in Springfield, Massachusetts, founded in 1919. The university has five academic schools-
- College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Engineering
- School of Law: Professional
Around 5% of the WNE student population are international students from over 30 countries. The small classes allow professors to give each student individual attention and help them excel in their paths.
This university offers so much more; let’s uncover it all in this blog!
Why choose Western New England University?
Western New England University (WNE) is ranked among national universities by U.S. News & World Report and the Top 100 Undergraduate Engineering programs. Besides this, the university is constantly upgrading its programs and even introducing new undergraduate and graduate programs in Construction Management, a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, among many more.
Graduates from WNE University have built a well-rounded approach and are ready to manage projects from beginning to end smoothly and efficiently. The university focuses on helping students learn, unlearn and relearn to prepare them for the real world.
Being a graduate from WNE puts students at an advantage, as they have higher pay than 52% of students from other top 100 universities.
WNE offers a wide range of activities, with over 70 clubs and organizations to choose from. From Hackerspace to the Entrepreneurship Club, the Society for Women Engineers to the Management Association, Western New England University has a place that’s just right for you.
At WNE, the first year is about welcoming students to their community, so students will share a traditional room in their campus Quad. Sophomore-year students can live in suites to expand their connections. Junior and senior years will be spent in apartments and townhouses as they learn to cook, manage a household, and prepare for life after Western New England University.
WNE has a warm and welcoming community and takes a personal interest in the success of international students. Their International Admissions Counselors work closely with their Office of International Student and Scholar Services on matters relating to immigration as well as academic, social, financial, and personal concerns relevant to daily life in the United States.
WNE has over 50 academic majors and 30 minor courses from which students can choose. They can also join their exploratory program, which will help them choose courses through a series of hands-on projects, internships, experiential learning; faculty-led study abroad; and research and presentation. WNE has been named #5 in the US and #1 in Massachusetts when preparing graduates for the job market.
WNE offers a range of master’s, doctoral, and combined degree programs for students seeking to advance their careers. Students can combine interests in business, engineering, law, or pharmacy by pursuing two degrees through the combined degree programs.
WNE offers JD in three years of studying in their full-time program. Working professionals also have an option of a four-year part-time program. The JD can be combined with an MBA, MS in Accounting, MS in Engineering Management, Master of Regional Planning, or Master in Social Work. The School of Law at WNE offers an LLM in Elder Law and Estate Planning for attorneys.
The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers a four-year professional program leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and the three-year entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy program. Dual Pharmacy/Business programs are also offered in collaboration with the College of Business. Combined six-year bachelor’s/doctoral programs with the College of Arts and Sciences.
Western New England University | Fees
Here is a breakdown of the basic costs for students. These do not include travel, food, and other expenses.
|Basic Annual Costs(2022-2023)||Arts & Sciences, Business, Engineering|
|Fees (student activities, comprehensive services)||$2,750|
|Room and Board||$14,670|
These costs will significantly decrease once students opt for the scholarships the university offers.
Merits and Grants
WNE is known for offering various grants and scholarships for exceptional students. Learn more about this in the points below and check if you are eligible-
- Western New England University offers merit scholarships and grants, ranging from $12,000 to $24,000 annually or $48,000 to $96,000 over four years for students applying for the Fall 2022 term.
- Only full-time freshman students are awarded these scholarships once accepted into the universities.
- Need-based scholarships and grants are also given to students based on their financial needs and previous academic achievements.
- Additionally, students for Fall 2022 can also avail the $2000 FIRST Robotics Scholarship and the Center for Social Justice Scholarship. These are renewable each year if students maintain their scholarship’s grade criteria. They are awarded this in addition to merit scholarships.
- WNE is one of the most welcoming universities for students with a passion for learning and exploring.
- The students here are work-ready and develop the understanding that they are a part of a world bigger than themselves.
- Students can cover their tuition fees by applying to various scholarships offered by the university.
- This university has an open and welcoming environment for all students who have a thirst for knowledge.
- Western New England University builds students to become agile thinkers and be the best version of themselves.
- Always check the official website for all information regarding the course details and deadlines.
- WNE offers a wide range of activities, with over 70 clubs and organizations to choose from, making it an excellent place for extra-curricular activities.
We hope you found this blog informative. If you have any doubts, you can reach us here.
You can also share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Liked this blog? Read: How to choose a university | Top 7 factors
- What GPA do you need to get into Western New England University?
Answer- To get into WNE, you need a GPA of 3.4.
- Is Western New England University a good university?
Answer- WNE has over 1,800 courses for students to choose from, with excellent faculty and learning opportunities for students. The College of Engineering had a nearly 100% placement rate over the last 30 years. Hence, it is a great university to be a part of.
- How many students go to WNE?
Answer- The university has around 3,673 students, including 2,552 undergraduate and 1,121 graduate students.