Table of Contents
- About Wichita State University
- Why study at Wichita State University?
- How is education in Southern American states?
- Why is Wichita State working towards affordable education?
- What is the reason for Wichita State University affordability ranking?
- Engineering course rankings
- Key takeaways
About Wichita State University
Founded in 1895, Wichita State University is a public institution of higher learning. The W. Frank Barton School of Business, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Fine Arts, College of Health Professions, and Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences all offer a diverse range of 60 undergraduate programs. Wichita State University ranks 331-440th in the national universities category by U.S. News & World Report in the 2022-23 edition of best colleges. In the same category ranking, the university ranked 299-391 in 2022. Keep reading to learn more about Wichita State University ranking. Before that let’s find out why you should study at this university.
Why study at Wichita State University?
Wichita State University offers 225+ majors and specializations in subject areas of-
- Health Professions
- Applied Studies & Education
- Fine Arts
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
Facilities and labs
The two-square-kilometer campus is home to many impressive facilities. Some facility highlights include-
- Library with over 1 million resources
- 50+ Engineering Research Labs
- Modern science laboratories
- Two on-campus fitness centers
- National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR)
Wichita State University is the safest university in the United States for its size. It works hard to ensure the campus is safe for study and work. Here’s how-
- On-campus police department
- Emergency Light Poles throughout campus
- Secured entry to on-campus housing
- Wichita Police Department nearby
The campus has over 250 unique employers and the largest Cooperative Education Programs in the United States. Before graduating from Wichita State, students can gain valuable paid work experience through Cooperative Education. Furthermore, they have many industry partners on campus! Among the campus industry partners are-
- National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR)
- Dassault Systems
- Spirit AeroSystems
How is education in Southern American states?
- Any movement serious about improving education and life outcomes for underserved student groups, such as low-income, minority, and rural students, must engage the South.
- Poverty rates and eligibility for free and reduced-price lunches are higher in the South than in other regions.
- The region is also a financial powerhouse, contributing more to the US economy than any other.
Why is Wichita State working towards affordable education?
Today, as tuition at American universities continues to rise, while economic inclusion falls, Wichita State serves as a model for reversing these trends.
Beyond its local recruitment efforts, it is stepping up its outreach to attract a more diverse group of students to Wichita State.
However, encouraging out-of-state enrollment will benefit Kansas’ future prosperity by attracting talented young people to campus who will stay in Wichita after graduation and work in the local economy.
Wichita State’s inclusive culture, combined with its emphasis on career preparation, has allowed it to more than triple its enrollment of students from Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas since 2015. Wichita State expects a third or more of its recent out-of-state graduates to stay in Kansas for job opportunities.
What is the reason for Wichita State University affordability ranking?
Wichita State University does everything it can to help students who come from out of state to succeed on campus.
In addition to increasing the efforts of its academic care teams on behalf of students, Wichita State University is working to make its campus more residential and more of a destination. It has a record number of on-campus students. The university is also considering chartering buses to let first-year students from out-of-state visit their homes during breaks,
According to Wolfston, a college education is now the most important rung on the economic mobility ladder.
The university recognizes that these students are leaving their homes and traveling a long distance to attend Wichita State University. As a result, they don’t want students to feel isolated, lonely, or homesick. The university commits to keeping the retention rates high, which means keeping the student population as healthy and happy as possible.
Wichita State University provides a world-class educational opportunity to promising students from all backgrounds. Its contributions and example are critical at a time when economic mobility and the American Dream are rapidly deteriorating.
Engineering course rankings
Wichita State University’s College of Engineering ranks in the top 100 engineering graduate programs in a newly released national ranking of universities offering a Ph.D. in engineering, one of only two institutions from Kansas to make the list.
These rankings confirm that Wichita State University is not only the best value proposition for engineering education in Kansas, but the high level of research activity rightfully places it among the best in the nation.
|US News and World Report – Aerospace Engineering PG||55||51||62|
|US News and World Report – Biomedical Engineering PG||136||136||NA|
|US News and World Report – Electrical Engineering PG||170||155||155|
|US News and World Report – Mechanical Engineering PG||132||112||136|
- Wichita State University offers diverse programs, facilities, and safety options. These factors contribute to the university’s high demand.
- Wichita University is the most affordable research institution in the Wichita, Kanas region, ranking first.
- Wichita State has a welcoming culture, combined with a focus on career preparation.
- Wichita State University is working to make its campus more residential and more of a destination, in addition to increasing the efforts of its academic care teams on behalf of students. It has a record number of students on campus.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Wichita State University ranking. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: An overview of Bradley University world ranking
Q1. What is Wichita State University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Wichita State University’s acceptance rate is 91.1%. You can easily get admission to the university with the required documents and scores.
Q2. How much is Wichita State University’s application fee?
Answer- Wichita State University has an application fee of $25.
Q3. Is Wichita a good place to live?
Answer- Wichita is in Sedgwick County and is well-known as the best place to live in Kansas. Living in Wichita provides residents with a dense suburban feel, and the majority of residents own their homes. There are numerous coffee shops and parks in Wichita. Wichita is home to many families and young professionals.