Table of Contents
About Wright State University
The university has five colleges, two schools, and a branch campus in Celina, Ohio, and offers 315 degree programs. Wright State University, named after the Wright brothers, provides an excellent, affordable education. Wright State University has 8,036 undergraduate and 2,132 graduate students. They offer various class styles, times, and scheduling options to meet your needs. As your needs and schedule change, take classes online, in person, or a combination of the two. Part-time or full-time, they have many options to fit your busy schedule and responsibilities.
Why study at Wright State University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at Wright State University-
- The campus includes a biological preserve and lush woodland. The main campus of the University is in Dayton, Ohio, but its branch campus is in Celina, Ohio, nestled in the middle of a lake.
- The university has a student success center, an arts building, a neuroscience engineering collaboration facility, libraries, and other amenities.
- You can participate in various cultural and educational activities. There are over 180 student groups on the Wright State University campus. Cultural events, recreational activities, intramural sports, and other pursuits are just a few of several opportunities available to students.
- The acceptance rate at Wright State University is 95.6%. It means all students are welcome at the university.
- They have practical, wise options. You can complete your degree in your unique way. Work, raise your family, and live your life while earning your degree and pursuing your passions.
- They have programs, faculty, and facilities that are nationally recognized.
- The university has over 114,000 alumni, and almost everyone in the Miami Valley knows at least one of them. Wright State graduates include your teachers, counselors, nurses, doctors, and others.
Wright State University ranking
Below are some rankings for the university-
- Ranks 299 in National Universities by US News & World Report 2022
- Ranks 156 in Top Public Schools by US News & World Report 2022
- Ranks 600 US College Rankings 2022 by THE
Programs at Wright State University
Wright State University offers 158 undergraduate and 157 graduate degree programs. The university offers 101 Bachelor’s programs, 34 Certificates,15 Associate programs, 6 Licensures, and 2 Endorsements for undergraduates. 69 Master’s programs, 60 Certificates, 8 Doctoral programs, and 10 Licensures for graduate students.
Some majors include business, management, marketing, related support services, and engineering. Health professions, related programs, psychology, and education are some of the most popular majors at the university.
Here are some of the programs at the university-
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Master, Accountancy
- Master of Science (M.S), Applied Mathematics
- Master of Science (M.S), Aerospace Systems Engineering
- Master of Science (M.S), Computer Science
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Accountancy
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Psychology
- Master of Science (M.Sc), Information Systems
International and domestic applicants must go through the same admissions process. International candidates, on the other hand, must meet additional requirements. The admissions process at Wright State University is open twice a year, in the fall and spring. Students who wish to apply for admission must follow the established procedures.
You must submit the following documents-
- Application form
- Official high school results
- You must complete the Ohio Core curriculum.
- An Adviser’s Letter of Endorsement
- Curriculum Vitae for students.
- SAT/ACT scores (test-optional).
- Statement of the purpose.
- English proficiency test scores.
- Pay Wright State University’s application fees.
Wright State University is proud to have a biological preserve and a thriving forest on its magnificent 730-acre campus. The university has a cutting-edge sports and entertainment complex, as well as 32 academic and support buildings, 33 residence halls, and 33 student housing structures. At least 20 of the campus’s academic buildings are linked by underground tunnels, protecting students and personnel from the elements and enhancing the university’s national reputation as an accessible institution.
- A biology preserve and a lush forest are on the campus. The main campus of the university is in Dayton, and the branch campus is in Celina, near a lake.
- The university’s cutting-edge infrastructure includes a student success center, arts building, neuroscience engineering collaboration building, libraries, and many more.
- The university library houses various research services as well as thousands of books.
- University students can take part in a variety of events and cultural activities. On campus, students can choose from over 180 organizations. Cultural events, recreational and wellness sessions, intramural sports, and other activities are available to students.
Wright State University has one of the largest residence halls in the region, housing over 3000 students. Housing is available through the seven residence halls. Students have various housing options available to them, ranging from residence hall dorms to unfurnished apartments. Microwave, refrigerator, local phone access, high-speed internet, cable TV, air conditioning, and furniture are among the appliances and facilities available in the room.
Students accepted into any university program can apply for housing by logging into their Wings Express account and clicking apply under the my housing section. A prepayment of USD 150 is necessary.
Wright State University has approximately 110,000 alumni living in the United States and 85 other countries. As an alumni member, you can search for job openings, register for events and tours, and receive a variety of benefits, such as transcripts, free library access, hotel discounts, legacy scholarships for family members, and much more.
Some notable alumni are as follows
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni- Author and novelist.
- Siva S. Banda- Aerospace engineer
- Tricia Small- Actress and producer
- Deborah Loewer- Retired U.S. Navy Rear Admiral
- Robert Pollard ’79- Musician and founder, of Guided By Voices
- Wright State University’s rankings and accomplishments reflect its dedication to academic excellence.
- Wright State University has over 10,000 students. When it comes to Wright State University courses, the university offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and professional academic programs through 5 colleges and 2 schools.
- Over 114,000 alumni have graduated from the university, and almost everyone in the Miami Valley knows at least one of them.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on Wright State University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of South Wales | Programs, rankings, and more
Q1. Does university housing demand medical records?
Answer- When the institution implements a new record system, students will need to disclose their medical history. Students will get a notification when the system is operational and ready to accept data before the submission deadline.
Q2. How much GPA is necessary for admission at Wright State University?
Answer- Wright State University needs you to have a GPA of 3.34 on average. This criterion enables almost all the students to gain admission.
Q3. Can international students apply for any scholarship program at Wright State University?
Answer- International students get merit-based scholarships at Wright State University. International first-year or transfer students with outstanding academic records may be eligible for this scholarship. Scholarships range in value from $4,000 to $10,000.