Table of Contents
About Dartmouth College
Dartmouth College, also known as the Tuck School of Business, is a private graduate business school in Hanover, New Hampshire. The Tuck School of Business, established in 1900, was the first business school to offer a master’s degree. Dartmouth College belongs to the prestigious Ivy League. The college has affiliations with the Tuck School of Business. Dartmouth College (Tuck) courses combine to form a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA). The program is available as a full-time or residential degree.
Why study at Dartmouth College?
Here’s why you should pursue education at Dartmouth College-
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College is popular for developing business minds, organized leaders, and solid, decisive personalities. As part of the university, Tuck School of Business provides students with numerous benefits.
- Dartmouth College (Tuck) scholarships are available through their illustrious alumni. The school’s alumni make efforts to assist students in completing their studies. Scholarships can assist in partially covering the institution’s tuition fees. They automatically renew the scholarships in the second year of the course. Approximately 74% of the students on campus receive some form of scholarship to study.
- The school’s Athletic Club is wellknown. Students get to explore the campus surrounding Hanover by participating in sports, such as swimming, biking, and running. Other clubs, such as the basketball club, golf club, soccer club, tennis club, sailing club, squash club, hockey club, and rugby club, allow students to combine their high-class educational skills with elaborate sports facilities.
Dartmouth College ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
- THE US College Rankings 2022- 13th
- Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2021- 151st
- QS World University Rankings 2023- 205th
- US universities as per QS Rankings 2021- 32nd
- CWUR world ranking 2022-23- 41st
- National Universities by US News and World Report 2022- 13th
- Best undergraduate teaching as per US News and World Report- 5th
- Best value schools as per US News and World Report- 20th
Programs at the university
It offers over 2,100 undergraduate programs. Dartmouth Plan participation is necessary for all undergraduate students (D-Plan). It is a year-round curriculum divided into four terms.
- Dartmouth College has over 40 departments that offer undergraduate liberal arts and sciences programs. There are also over 60 majors and minors to choose from at the school.
- Dartmouth College has four colleges that offer undergraduate and graduate programs. The colleges include the Geisel School of Medicine, Tuck School of Business, Thayer School of Engineering, and Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies.
- Dartmouth College’s top undergraduate majors for graduates include economics, government, computer science, engineering sciences, and biology.
- Thayer School of Engineering offers three doctoral degrees, three master’s degrees, and three bachelor’s degrees, one of which is a dual degree.
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College offers an MBA. In addition, the school provides an Advanced Management Program.
Some of the programs are as follows
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Quantitative Social Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Sociology
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Biological Chemistry
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Biological Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Computer Science
- Bachelor, Economics Modified with Psychology
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)/Doctor of Medicine (M.D)
- Master of Arts (M.A), Comparative Literature
- Master of Science (M.S), Earth Sciences
- Master of Science (M.S), Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Biological and Chemical Engineering
Here’s how you can apply at Dartmouth College-
- Students must apply to the university online through its website.
- Students must submit their information and the required documents for the course of their choice.
- The university accepts official transcripts and supporting documents about the course from students.
- Submit IELTS, TOEFL, and other English proficiency scores, as well as GMAT, GRE, ACT, SAT, and other entrance test scores based on the course’s complexity.
- After submitting the documents, submit the answers to the tasks assigned by the university’s administration.
- Pay the application fee.
You must submit the following documents-
- Personal statement
- Financial statement
- Identity and residential proof such as a copy of passport and visa
- Professional resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Transcripts and copies of the documents of a higher secondary education
- Essay submission of no more than 300 words
- Application form
- Application fee
Services at the university
Following are some of the services at the university-
- Byrne Hall is available at the university. Dartmouth dining services manages the dining facility.
- Aside from the Thayer School of Engineering, the university has the Murdough Centre, which includes the Engineering Library and Feldberg Business.
- The campus library aims to facilitate the integration of print and electronic media to provide students with all necessary materials.
- For students who want to study and explore their abilities, the university offers a variety of sports events and athletic opportunities.
Dartmouth College campus
Dartmouth College supports over 180 student organizations and eight student governance groups. The Collis Center for Student Involvement organizes events like bonfires, winter carnivals, and family weekends. Dartmouth College’s Outdoor Programs Office organizes a variety of outdoor activities. Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, paddling, and backcountry skiing are some outdoor activities.
Dartmouth College offers 35 intercollegiate varsity sports at the NCAA Division I level, 18 women’s, 16 men’s, and one coed. Dartmouth College also has 35 club sports on campus. Three-quarters of Dartmouth College undergraduates participate in various athletics and intramural sports. Each college school/department has its own set of groups that students can join if they want to interact and grow in a specific area.
- Dartmouth College rankings reflect the school’s values of encouraging academic excellence and thought independence.
- Dartmouth College offers courses through over 40 academic departments and programs.
- The college offers various courses, including biochemistry, biology, management, sociology, computer science, and economics.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on Dartmouth College by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All about the University of Wollongong
Q1. Does Dartmouth offer scholarships to students?
Answer- Need-based scholarships are available at Dartmouth College. These scholarships range in value from 1,000 USD to 50,000 USD, depending on the applicant’s eligibility.
Q2. Does Dartmouth College have varying application fees?
Answer- The application fee for undergraduate programs at Dartmouth College is 80 USD, while graduate program application fees vary.
Q3. What are Dartmouth College’s (Tuck) GPA requirements for enrollment?
Answer- Dartmouth College (Tuck) has a 3.48 GPA requirement.