Table of Contents
- About Raleigh University (NC State University)
- Why study at Raleigh University?
- Campus life at North Carolina State University
- Athletics at the Raleigh University
- Living in Raleigh
- Key takeaways
About Raleigh University (NC State University)
An NC State education is the key to unlocking any door you desire. They have over 100 undergraduate majors and over 200 masters and doctoral programs. Their graduates prepare well for successful careers and meaningful lives. NC State is ready to discover real-world solutions to real-world problems. The university is a research powerhouse where experts and aspiring experts collaborate across disciplines to make a difference in the world. Keep reading to learn more about Raleigh University’s campus life.
Why study at Raleigh University?
Here’s why studying at the university will benefit you-
- The university is in the top 1% of universities worldwide (Center for World University Rankings).
- Over the last five years, more than 100 of their students have been named national scholars and fellows.
- In the 2021-2022 academic year, NC State students received two Goldwater Scholarships and 21 National Science Foundation graduate research fellowships.
- The Centennial Campus at NC State is a nationally recognized public-private research campus where 70+ corporate, government, and nonprofit partners collaborate with 70+ research and academic units.
- Based on NC State research, 190+ startups and spinoffs have raised $1.7 billion in venture capital.
- NC State has over 250,000 living alumni, with approximately 160,000 residing in North Carolina.
Campus life at North Carolina State University
You will discover exceptional opportunities outside the classroom walls as you pursue a world-class education here.
NC State has a vibrant, welcoming campus community in which each member of the Pack can thrive and grow. Discover a plethora of extracurricular activities, a bunch of future friends, and, most importantly, a place you’ll be able to call home for the rest of your life.
You’re always in the thick of things while living on campus. You’ll be just a few steps away from exciting activities and community events. The campus will provide support services and amenities for students.
NC State has four apartment buildings and 20 residence halls. Find flexible choices that place you close to your studies, lunches, and lectures.
The university provides a variety of handy places to eat, including coffee shops, full-service restaurants, dining halls, and grab-and-go options.
Living and learning at Raleigh University
Live among other students who are passionate about the same things you are, from sustainability to wellness and beyond.
Fraternities and sororities
Join one of more than 50 organizations that make up NC State’s vibrant Greek community, where you can find a community where people can study, lead, and serve together.
The campus is full of bright minds and diverse perspectives, so you’re sure to find a group of peers who share your interests. The bonds you form with the rest of your Wolfpack will last a lifetime.
Student organizations at Raleigh University
Whether you’re into beekeeping, bluegrass, biochemistry, or anything else (really, anything), you’ll find your perfect fit among the university’s 600 student organizations.
Connect with the African American Cultural Center, the GLBT Center, Multicultural Student Affairs, and the Women’s Center on campus.
The university hosts nearly 500 arts opportunities, such as theatre and dance performances, craft classes, art exhibitions, and more yearly.
Join the Student Government or the University Activities Board to help shape your campus and gain leadership experience.
Athletics at the Raleigh University
Nothing brings the Pack together like the accomplishments of their student-athletes. NC State competes at the highest level while on the court, field, track, and diamond.
NC State Athletics promotes team and individual success, provides more than 550 student-athletes with scholarship and educational opportunities, and creates memorable experiences for Wolfpack fans. You’ve probably heard of the football and basketball teams, but they also have 21 Division I varsity programs that all compete at a high level.
The rich tradition of college athletics at NC State began in 1892 when students organized the first football game. Since then, the teams have won national titles and countless Atlantic Coast Conference championships, forged incredible rivalries, and even sent athletes to the Olympic Games.
You can catch all the action in state-of-the-art multipurpose facilities like Carter-Finley Stadium and PNC Arena and at campus favorites like Reynolds Coliseum and Doak Field. For elite athletes and passionate fans, North Carolina State is where you can find your Pack.
Living in Raleigh
You’ll see why it’s called the City of Oaks and how simple it is to establish roots here. You may anticipate an incredible college experience in Raleigh, a top destination for students and young professionals. It has a bright future after graduation.
Welcome to one of the U.S. cities with the highest population growth. Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina, is a thriving hub in the southeastern United States and the ideal place for NC State’s Wolfpack.
You’ll get a taste of everything that makes life sweet here. Live and study on a lovely campus surrounded by acres of lush greenery. A bustling downtown is only minutes away. Enjoy the advantages of living in a significant metropolitan area with several professional opportunities.
- The university ranked in the top 1% of all universities in the world (Center for World University Rankings).
- There are four apartment buildings and 20 residence halls at the university. Choose flexible options that put you near your studies, lunches, and lectures.
- The university has several convenient eating options, including coffee shops, full-service restaurants, dining halls, and grab-and-go options.
- North Carolina State University hosts nearly 500 arts events, including theatre and dance performances, craft classes, art exhibitions, and more.
- The university has more than 600 student organizations on campus.
- NC State Athletics promotes team and individual success, provides scholarship and educational opportunities to over 550 student-athletes, and creates memorable experiences for Wolfpack fans.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives about the blog in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Raleigh University’s campus life. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your guide to the Humboldt University of Berlin’s ranking
Q1. There are how many universities in Raleigh, NC?
Answer- The Raleigh area is rich in educational opportunities, as it is home to ten traditional universities and colleges. It has numerous satellite campuses and for-profit institutions of higher education.
Q2. What GPA do you need to get into NC State?
Answer- A GPA of 3.2 or higher is necessary. The coursework closely corresponds to the credit hours listed in the NC Community College Baccalaureate Degree Plan. 6 credit hours of math, including the equivalent of a calculus course at NC State (MA 121 or higher).
Q3. What is NC State University’s ranking?
Answer- According to the QS World Rankings 2023, NC State University ranks 102nd worldwide.