Table of Contents
About London Film Academy
London Film Academy’s story began in 2001 when it was looking for the perfect film course and decided to open its boutique film school in a converted church on Fulham Broadway in London. London Film Academy is now internationally recognized as a forward-thinking film school that provides more than just a film education.
It creates world-class filmmakers who thrive in a setting that mimics real-world realities. The school commits to producing the best of the best while taking a hands-on approach. London Film Academy ensures that its ethos of creating a collaborative, friendly, and inclusive learning environment is at the heart of everything they do.
London is a city for people who enjoy having endless things to do, places to visit, and restaurants to eat. You have almost everything outside your door, and one thing that may surprise you is the abundance of green space to enjoy. Let’s find out about London Film Academy’s accommodation.
Why opt for the London Film Academy?
London is the world’s third-largest film production center. London Film Academy is one of the most ingenious schools, providing personalized, practical, and hands-on education. The school takes a comprehensive approach to teaching you the skills you need for life to maintain a career in this fast-paced, ever-changing world. Find out why students choose to study at London Film Academy-
- You get multidisciplinary training with professionals from the film and television industries.
- Learning by doing entails taking practical courses that allow you to gain hands-on experience in an environment that simulates industry realities.
- Professional production equipment, post-production facilities, in-house studios, and a screening theatre are all available.
- Super 16mm film and current digital formats with sound recording on location are available.
- Your films are completed to full HD image quality.
- It provides a film education that is relevant, practical, and cost-effective.
- Courses with no additional fees (it includes all film budgets in course fees).
- Financial assistance and funding advice by the school.
- Film festival screenings and digital platforms at the school.
- A high-performance center for students.
- Showreel completed demonstrating your skill set.
- Gain access to a professional network of contacts in the film and television industries.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential for adaptable and creative filmmakers.
- They provide exclusive job lists, placement opportunities, career guidance, and mentoring through their inclusive London Filmmakers Academy Filmmaker’s Club.
- Through ongoing student and graduate support, they foster their values of collaboration, innovation, impact, and sustainability in a creative and nurturing environment.
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education has evaluated the academy.
Accommodation at London Film Academy
Finding a place to live in a new city can be difficult, and London’s rental options aren’t always affordable. For the first 4-6 weeks of your course, the academy often recommends that you book a room in a student residence or somewhere similar.
It means you can relax knowing you have a safe place to stay while you adjust to your new course and city. After the first month, you may have made course friends with whom you would like to live for the rest of the year.
The London Film Academy is in Fulham, London, England. The Accommodation for Students webpage lists individual and readily available rooms in various accommodation sites within walking distance of the LFA campus. Let’s take a look at student residences.
David Game College
Self-catering student accommodation is available at David Game in West Kensington, Earl’s Court, Shepherd’s Bush, South Kensington, and Fulham Broadway. London Film Academy recommends you read the David Game College Student Accommodation Guide for more information on each residence, including fees.
iQ Student Accommodation | Hammersmith
The LFA building in Fulham is only a 20-minute bus ride or 15-minute cycle away from iQ Hammersmith, a modern, large-scale student accommodation site. Its studios are ideal for an independent lifestyle, with a bed, study area, shower room, and kitchenette, and are only a 2-minute walk from Hammersmith tube station and a 10-minute walk from the River Thames.
For more information on available rooms and fees, please visit the iQ Student Accommodation website (Hammersmith).
Lee Abbey in London
The accommodation is conveniently near Holland Park and Kensington Gardens in a quiet and exclusive residential area of Kensington. They include breakfast and dinner in the room rates at Lee Abbey. Lee Abby will charge you a lower rate if you apply during the school year.
Fulham Palace Studios
Fulham Palace is a newly furnished student accommodation site on Fulham Palace Road, just a 25-minute walk from the LFA building in Fulham. Select from a variety of self-contained, fully furnished studio rooms. All the rooms at Fulham Palace Studios are well-appointed and provide comfortable living in the heart of the city.
New Orient House
New Orient House, located in the heart of West London, is only a 20-minute walk or 6-minute cycle away from the LFA building in Fulham. The nearest tube station is only a 1-minute walk away, making it simple to get to London’s top attractions and filming locations! Hyde Park and the River Thames are also within walking distance of this accommodation.
Once you’ve found your tribe, you may want to start looking for comfortable, affordable, and local housing to share with your new filmmaking friends. You’re open to meeting new people outside the LFA community.
The Spare Room is unquestionably the best option for short-term rentals with low commitment. If you find a room in Spare Room, you will share it with other renters you have never met. It is fantastic for finding rooms on short notice and at a very reasonable price.
Visit the Spare Room website or download the mobile app. If you prefer to live with students rather than working professionals, you can narrow your search on the website’s dedicated student accommodation section.
If you’re ready to commit to a longer-term contract with a group of friends, there are several student private renting websites to choose from, including RightMove, Zoopla, and OnTheMarket. Marsh and Parsons also provide a dedicated service for international students relocating to their first home in London.
- London is one of the most suited cities for student education and housing. Many students prefer to study and stay in London due to various job opportunities.
- Accommodation is an important part of university life.
- Comfortable and affordable accommodation is not easy to find. The London Film Academy accommodation has an array of options for you.
- You can opt for student residences at David Game College, iQ Student Accommodation, Lee Abbey in London, Fulham Palace Studios, and more.
- Students can also look for private rental accommodation. They can either opt for short-term or long-term accommodation that suits their budget and necessities.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives about the blog in the comments below. Please get in touch with us by clicking here for more information on London Film Academy’s accommodation. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your guide to the Humboldt University of Berlin’s ranking
Q1. Is London good for filmmakers?
Answer- London is an excellent location for studying the art and science of filmmaking. Even if you’re working on a shoestring budget, you’ll find that the city is a fantastic setting and a fantastic place to hone your filmmaking skills.
Q2. How much does London Film Academy cost?
Answer- The school offers professional technical support for pre-production, post-production, and on-set, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a supportive environment and find your creative voice. Fees for a two-year course cost approximately £42,000 (£21,000 per year).
Q3. Does London Film School offer scholarships?
Answer- Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship to LFS, including living expenses. The SAID Foundation Scholarship is one of them.