Table of Contents
About the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga (UTC)
The university of Tennessee, Chattanooga serves as a model for metropolitan universities in the US. It provides an experiential learning environment with outstanding faculty in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs collaborating with many regional partners. University of tennessee, chattanooga has innovative learning and research facilities and a faculty of scholars. UTC students learn through internships, cooperative education assignments, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree programs (concentrations)- 98
- Graduate degree programs (concentrations)- 55
- Books and federal & state documents housed in the library- 1.8 million
- GPA average for incoming first-year students- 3.6
- Total students- 11,283
- Total tuition and fees for in-state undergraduates- $9,848
- Mocs’ student-athlete graduation success rate- 91%
Why study at the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga?
83% of first‑year students receive financial aid/scholarships at the university. Here are more reasons to study at the University of Tennessee-
- Its arts & sciences, business, engineering & computer science, health, and other colleges provide bachelor’s, master’s, specialist’s, and doctoral degree programs.
- In terms of athletics, students can compete in Division I of the NCAA championships in basketball, baseball, cross-country, golf, football, tennis, wrestling, volleyball, softball, and track and field.
- Chattanooga is home to companies like Moon Pie, Little Debbie, Amazon, Coca-Cola, Chattem, and Volkswagen. It also has a variety of small and medium-sized businesses where you can find work. The city serves as a regional tourism hub.
- Outside the city, students will come across various activities. Some activities include climbing, gliding, hiking, camping, tube, and floating in the natural areas surrounding the university.
- Novelist Cherie Priest, journalist, historian, scholar North Callahan, actor Dennis Haskins, and American football player Buster Skrine are among the university’s famous alumni.
UTC offers 98 undergraduate majors, 88 graduate majors, and 50 minors. The Gary W. Rollins College of Business is home to approximately 20% of students. Education and nursing are popular areas of study.
Undergraduate programs by college
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Health, Education and Professional Studies
- Gary W. Rollins College of Business
Some of the programs are as follows-
- BA Art- Art Education
- BA Art- Art History
- BA Art- Studio
- BFA Art- Graphic Design
- BFA Art- Painting and Drawing
- BFA Art- Photography and Media Art
- BFA Art- Sculpture
- BS Biology- General
- BS Biology- Preprofessional
- BS Biology- STEM Education
- BA English- Creative Writing
- BA Englis- Literary Studies
- BA English- Rhetoric and Professional Writing
- BS Mathematics- Actuarial Science
- BS Mathematics- General Mathematics
- BS Mathematics- STEM Education
College does not take place solely in the classroom. You can spend some time studying in the library. Grab a cup of coffee from the campus Starbucks. Participate in a game of frisbee in the middle of campus. Cheer on the Mocs from Finley Stadium, or catch a show at the Fine Arts Center. Live every bit of your life on campus.
With over 100 student organizations to choose from, connecting at UTC is simple.
The Student Government Association (SGA) and Graduate Student Association (GSA) band together to ensure the university hears every student’s voice.
On campus, the university has 25 active fraternity and sorority organizations.
The University Echo newspaper, The Perch’s web-based radio, Sequoyah Review literary magazine, and UTC TV studio cater to various interests.
Mocs athletic events are free for students. Mocs Maniacs joins the student superfans in the stands. Make the most of your first football season by occupying Finley Stadium with your fellow first-year students during the annual Mocs Flock Finley.
Club Sports and Intramurals are the best places to learn a new sport or return to an old favorite. There’s something for everyone, with teams for soccer, angler fishing, ultimate frisbee, and more.
The semester-long bike rental program allows you to rent a bike. Take to the trails or the river. Participate in a club sport or a fitness class. It’s all about trying something new at Campus Recreation.
The new Aquatics and Recreation Center offers a 43’7″ indoor rock climbing tower, 14,000 square feet of exercise space, a lazy river with a kayak plunge, and other amenities.
UTC Outdoors has you covered if you’re looking for adventure. Plan your trip and rent the necessary equipment through their equipment rental program, or join them as they explore local trails, waterways, and rock formations on upcoming trips.
Arts and Entertainment
Cress Gallery regularly hosts new and exciting exhibits that feature artwork from students, visiting artists, and curated works from its collection.
Catching a show at the Fine Arts Center is simple, where the UTC Theatre Company and talented musicians always perform.
Health and accessibility
Are you feeling under the weather? Schedule a consultation with University Health Services. If you’re feeling stressed, make an appointment with someone in the Counseling Center.
The Disability Resource Center provides accommodations for exams, classrooms, housing, and assistive technology to ensure your success.
- The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, offers 98 undergraduate majors, 88 graduate majors, and 50 minors.
- The campus life at the university comprises student organizations, athletics, arts, health, and more. The university has over 100 student organizations.
- Chattanooga houses companies like Moon Pie, Little Debbie, Amazon, Coca-Cola, Chattem, and Volkswagen.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and opinions in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more details on the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All you need to know about Baylor University
Q1. How long does it take for UTC to accept you?
Answer- The university will take up to three weeks to process the application once they receive all the necessary documents.
Q2. What is special about the University of Tennessee, Knoxville?
Answer- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a public research university in one of the state’s largest cities and the state school’s flagship campus. Students can join more than 40 fraternities and sororities. The University of Tennessee sports teams are well-known as the Vols and the Lady Vols, short for volunteers.
Q3. Is moving to Chattanooga a good idea?
Answer- Chattanooga ranks among the top 100 Best Places to Live in 2019. It is one of the best places to live in Tennessee for various reasons, including affordability, low housing costs, laid-back charm, and sought-after amenities.