Table of Contents
If you’ve always wanted to be a teacher or are considering teaching as a career, a B.Ed degree is the way to go. Understanding the world of education can help you land a fantastic job.
With several universities offering a B.Ed degree, you can always plan to apply for colleges abroad. If you need any guidance about the same, this article presents all the information about pursuing this course abroad. So, let’s begin!
#1. What is B.Ed?
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a programme that qualifies you to teach in a professional setting. After earning a B.Ed degree, you can teach either primary or secondary school children, depending on your qualifications.
Now, there are no restrictions on who can pursue a B.Ed degree. You can enroll in a college if you have an undergraduate degree from any stream. This is why an undergraduate degree is a pre-requisite since you will need to have a deeper knowledge of subjects in your stream to be able to teach students.
A B.Ed degree prepares you to teach and covers the history and development of the teaching profession. The subject you will eventually teach is determined by the courses you took throughout your undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as your post-graduate studies (if you have completed that).
#2. Why study B.Ed?
If you decide to work as a school teacher, you’ll need a B.Ed degree. Even if you have a strong academic record and a thorough understanding of your subject, learning the finer points of teaching is essential for being a competent teacher.
Here are some of the reasons why you should study B.Ed:
- The curriculum includes having a live session with students. This way, you can practice or learn the aspects of teaching in a real scenario. As a result, it prepares you for a bright career in teaching.
- With this degree, you can understand critical aspects of education and help make the education system better. Moreover, it helps you discover new methods and techniques of teaching.
- You can achieve administrative positions in the field of education with this degree. Besides this, you become eligible to teach in various parts of the world with a B.Ed degree.
A B.Ed course helps you understand the psyche of a student and how you can effectively help him/her understand a subject better. Additionally, you learn about the administrative role of teachers in a better way.
#3. Why should you pursue a B.Ed course abroad?
Some of the best universities in the world offer B.Ed courses. Therefore, it is a great opportunity to learn about pedagogy from some of the best educators in the world.
These reasons would surely convince you to pursue a B.Ed degree abroad:
- You will be taught by experienced educators who have established themselves as some of the top names in this field.
- A B.Ed course abroad can increase your chances of getting a good job once you return to your country of residence.
- You receive insights and experiences of various kinds, which help you become a better teacher and break out of teaching patterns generally seen in your country of residence.
- Studying abroad increases the chances of you getting a job abroad as an educator. You can look for higher-paying jobs in the field of education once you complete your B.Ed degree.
#4. Top 15 universities in the world for a B.Ed degree
We are sure you must be convinced by now to pursue a B.Ed course overseas. But, what university to shortlist for the same? Don’t worry; we have covered it all here. Here is a list of the top 15 universities in the world where you can go for pursuing a B.Ed course:
- Stanford University (U.S.)
- University of Melbourne (Australia)
- University College London (U.K.)
- Harvard University (U.K.)
- University of Oxford (U.K.)
- University of California, Berkely (U.S.)
- Columbia University (U.S.)
- Peking University (China)
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- Utrecht University (Netherlands)
- University of Toronto (Canada)
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- Monash University (Australia)
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
#5. B.Ed eligibility criteria
Next comes the B.Ed eligibility criteria to study abroad. Make sure you fulfill the following requirements:
- A minimum of 65% marks in your high school (10+2) examination.
- At least 50% marks in an undergraduate course from a recognized college.
- If you have completed a post-graduation course, then a minimum of 55% marks in PG from a recognized college/university is required.
- Passing marks in a language proficiency test if you are from a non-native English-speaking country. For example:
Please note that these are some common eligibility criteria to study B.Ed abroad. Other requirements will depend on the university where you enroll.
#6. What is included in the B.Ed syllabus?
The syllabus for a B.Ed course is designed to help you understand the challenges you might face while teaching a set of students. Each university has a slightly different curriculum. However, there are a few subjects that you will most likely find among all the universities that offer this course abroad.
- Childhood and growing up
- Pedagogy of school subjects
- Learning and teaching
- Assessment for learning
- Gender, school, and society
- Inclusiveness in schools
- Reading and reflecting on texts
- Language across the curriculum
You can check out your B.Ed syllabus on the university website where you have enrolled.
#7. Career prospects
You will be qualified to teach at the school level after earning a B.Ed degree. You can also opt for higher education in the field of education and pursue a master’s degree in education known as M.E. (Master of Education). Besides this, you can go for further studies and pursue a Ph.D. or an M.Phil.
If you want to take up a job after completing your degree, then here are some of the options for you:
- Teacher at a school
- Instructor at educational organizations
- Career counselor
- Content writer
- Educational researcher
- School administrator
- Education therapist
The average annual salary for a school teacher in the U.S. is $65, 930. Educational researchers earn an average annual salary of up to $116,000.
So, there you have ita comprehensive guide on pursuing a B.Ed course from abroad. Know that this degree will take you one step closer to your dream of becoming an educator. Therefore, give it your all to become the best teacher you always wanted to be.
Also, if you are confused about choosing a university abroad or the application process, then reach out to us. We will help you make your study abroad journey smooth.
Q1. Is there any age criteria for a B.Ed applicant?
Answer- Yes. In most universities, the minimum age to go for B.Ed admission is 19-21 years. There is no maximum age limit for an applicant to pursue this degree.
Q2. What is the general duration of a B.Ed course abroad?
Answer- The duration for this course is generally 2 years.
Q3. Is it possible to enroll in an online B.Ed course from a foreign university?
Answer- Yes, there are options for online B.Ed degrees from renowned universities abroad. You can check out the university websites to know which of them offer online courses to international students.
See what others are saying
Usually what is the range of fees of two years B.Ed course abroad and available scholarships to apply for to study B.ED course abroad?
One of our counselors will get in touch with you soon!
All the best.
You can also contact us-
Phone +91 9145332283