Table of Contents
- What are the different types of computer courses?
- Why should you choose to study computer applications?
- Here are the top 7 computer courses you can pursue for successful career in the technology realm.
- 1. Web designing and development courses
- 2. Graphic Designing
- 3. Artificial Inteligence
- 4. Multimedia and animation course
- 5. Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking
- 6. IT/computer science
- 7. Digital marketing courses
- Next steps
The IT industry worldwide was projected to grow a whopping 104% between the years 2018-2023 and it has done just that. Now, more so after the pandemic, all professional fields require the use of computers and their applications. This has created a demand for a computer-literate workforce as well as specialists in the field. Taking up a computer course in today’s times is not only a great choice for undergraduates but also for anyone looking to venture into a relevant and rewarding field. Here’s a list of the 7 best computer courses for undergrad aspirants for anyone looking to study abroad and upskill.
What are the different types of computer courses?
1. Long-term computer courses
Long-term computer courses include associate degree computer courses, undergraduate graduate courses like a bachelor’s in computer science, computer applications, or software or computer engineering, etc. These usually have a duration of 3-4 years and are ideal for someone who wants to take up computer studies straight out of school and get in-depth knowledge about the subject.
2. Short-term computer courses
Short-term courses include certificate and diploma courses that have a duration of 6 months to a year. Various recognized institutes offer such computer courses that make you skilled in a particular area and help you get jobs quickly. These courses are available both online and offline. Short-term computer courses are a great option for someone looking to venture into a computer-related field and also for someone looking to upskill.
Why should you choose to study computer applications?
- Booming industry – The IT industry is the fastest growing industry worldwide. If you are someone who is technologically skilled, the field offers you chances to keep making steady progress.
- Diversity in job roles – The wide application of computers across industries has opened up opportunities for various specialisations. You can always find something interesting for yourself.
- Relevance across the world – A computer-related specialisation is relevant across the world. With a degree in computer science, you are never bound by the country you live in. You can apply for jobs abroad and even cater to international clients if you choose to freelance.
Here are the top 7 computer courses you can pursue for successful career in the technology realm.
1. Web designing and development courses
Generally, professional web designing courses stretch up to one year but you can also pursue short-term courses with a duration of 3-6 months.
2. Graphic Designing
Graphic designing involves creating visual concepts to communicate information. It is a great field for someone who has immense artistic ability and can use it to bring ideas to life. Graphic designers can work freelance and are also employed across fields like the media and performing arts, fashion, and business.
Knowledge about designing software using tools like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc is a must and the course duration ranges from 6 months to 3 years, depending on the level of specialization.
3. Artificial Inteligence
Artificial Intelligence is an evolving and happening field and there is so much to learn and explore. A career in Artificial Intelligence requires a good hold on coding languages, machine learning algorithms, and natural language processing. Specialists in this subject work in data sciences, robotics, and machine learning. However, the possibilities are endless.
There is a range of courses available both online and offline. You can choose from free online courses, diplomas, certificates, or undergraduate and master’s courses from various universities and platforms.
4. Multimedia and animation course
If you are someone who wants a computer-related career that involves creativity, the best option for you is to learn VFX and animation. The demand for animation and VFX professionals has increased in the past few years with rising multimedia platforms, advertising, and more. While a short-term VFX and animation course takes a few months, a diploma in VFX and animation takes about three years.
5. Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking
Data has become a valuable commodity nowadays, so there is a need for specialists to keep it safe. Cybersecurity and ethical hacking is another fast-growing field. These specialists identify vulnerabilities across an entire network to keep it safe from professional hackers and malware. Not only organizations but entire countries are hiring cybersecurity professionals to keep their data safe.
There are several certificate courses as well as UG and PG courses available in cybersecurity. The duration ranges from a few months to 3 years.
6. IT/computer science
Getting a degree in IT or computer science can be the best option for you if you want to get into the depths of the field. Long-term courses prove to be a stepping stone for an enriching career in the IT field while also giving you more options to specialize in.
A computer science degree covers topics like software, hardware, computer application, and programming, etc. The duration of an engineering degree is four years to three years depending on the country you choose to study in.
7. Digital marketing courses
Digital marketing courses can be pursued by anyone. It is one of the best computer courses to learn and upskill especially for marketing professionals. The digital marketing field is growing and there is room for everyone. Since having an online presence is a must nowadays, digital marketing experts are high in demand.
This is also a great skill to have for a lucrative freelancing career. Digital marketing entails the online branding of a company, marketing strategies, SEO, content marketing, SEM, etc. The course duration is around three months.
The best computer course for you is directed by what do you want out of it. Do you want a high-paying job? Do you want to work in a fast-paced and challenging field? Or do you want a profitable freelancing career? This blog will help you answer all your questions.
But in order to choose the right course, there are a few things you should keep in mind-
- You need to figure out where your skill and interest lies. You can choose to work in the creative side of the IT industry, or you may choose to become a developer or a cyber security expert. There are many options that can align with your interests
- Next, is choosing the right course for yourself. You can get some guidance in this direction, just refer to the list above and do your research.
- Now the most important step is to choose the right institution. The right degree from the right institution is your biggest asset. Learn how to choose the right university program for yourself here.
And if you get stuck or have any more questions, feel free to drop a comment below or contact us at iSchoolConnect.