Table of Contents
- Why should you go for a diploma in computer application?
- Interesting statistics about the industry
- Admission process for diploma in computer applications (DCA)
- Best colleges to pursue a diploma in computer applications
- Some additional colleges to study diploma in computer applications
- Courses provided for diploma in computer application
- Job opportunities after completing a diploma in computer applications
- Advanced diploma in computer application (ADCA)
- Average salary after completion of diploma in computer applications
- Key takeaways
Wireless systems like GPS are built with such precision that they detect the locations of any person at any given time. It is intriguing to learn how one can do this. A profession in computer application has become a popular choice for students after the 12th grade. Particularly for those seeking job-oriented courses that can be completed in a short time. Diploma courses after the 12th grade help you gain knowledge in less time and open doors quickly. One of the many diplomas that have grown in popularity is the diploma in computer application (DCA). This subject will allow the students to go deep into the study of computers and be part of great inventions.
Why should you go for a diploma in computer application?
A diploma in computer science or computer applications from an international college or university will enhance one’s academic career.
According to reports, the United States will invest approximately $2 trillion USD in computer application, software, and robotics research & development.
Interesting statistics about the industry
- In Germany and the United Kingdom, at least five universities that offer an MS in Computer Science rank among the top 100 while the number in the United States is 50.
- After completing a computer application course, the average salary in Europe is around 11,500 Euros.
- From 2016 to 2019, there is a 4% increase in computer application salaries across Europe.
- According to statistics, computer graduates in the United States earn an average of $85,000 USD per year.
- Another report says new computer science and technology job opportunities will grow by 16% by 2028.
Computer graduates are in high demand in states such as New York, California, Michigan, and Massachusetts, with an average yearly salary of more than 95,000 USD.
The above information gives you enough reason to apply for
postgraduate diploma in computer applications.
Admission process for diploma in computer applications (DCA)
For postgraduate diplomas in computer applications abroad, admissions are based on the SAT and ACT entrance exams and language proficiency tests, IELTS, and TOEFL. Other requirements include a 10+2 diploma with at least 50% marks.
Eligibility criteria for diploma in computer applications
The following are the eligibility requirements for pursuing a diploma in computer applications abroad-
- 50% or higher in class 10+2 with computer science/applications as an elective.
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A minimum TOEFL of 79 and an IELTS of 6.5 are required.
- If the colleges you are applying to accept common entrance exams, you must have valid SAT or ACT scores.
- 1-2 years of work experience, depending on the college you are applying to.
Best colleges to pursue a diploma in computer applications
Georgian College, Barrie, Canada
1st Year Total Fees-10,127 USD
Conestoga College, Kitchener, Canada
1st Year Total Fees-16,457 USD
Teesside University, Middlesbrough, UK
1st Year Total Fees-16,457 USD
Humber College, Toronto, Canada
1st Year Total Fees-21,528 USD
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
1st Year Total Fees-36,712 USD
The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
1st Year Total Fees-43,037 USD
Some additional colleges to study diploma in computer applications
- Australian National University
- Centennial College
- Monash University
- University of Technology, Sydney
- European Business University
- TAFE NSW
- PSB Academy
Courses provided for diploma in computer application
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technician
- Diploma in Computer Programmer
- Diploma in Engineering (IT)
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Blockchain Diploma
- Diploma in Database Design and Development
- Diploma in Network Defence and Forensic Countermeasure
Job opportunities after completing a diploma in computer applications
Graduating from a reputed college provides you with the skills and learning you need for a career in this industry.
You get to do practicals as well as projects, which make you aware of your knowledge and motivate you to constantly improve yourself.
By doing so, you will be able to secure the following jobs-
- Technical Architect
- Network Administrator – Routing & Switching
- McAfee Administrator – Security
- Java/J2EE Developer
- Data Scientist
- Graphic Designer
- Web Developer
- System Tester
- Application Support Executive
- Web Designer
- Computer Operator
- Software Developer
- Data Entry Operator
- C++ Developer
Advanced diploma in computer application (ADCA)
Every working environment takes work quality into account. Your knowledge paves the way for improved workflow and thinking.
As a result, an advanced diploma in computer application will provide you with the necessary boost and better opportunities.
ADCA, as compared to DCA, is a higher-level course that provides in-depth knowledge of computers and their critical applications. It qualifies students to better understand the domain through topics such as RDBMS and Data Management, among others.
We recommend you opt for an advanced diploma in computer application if you are interested in extensive learning and mastering the computer applications program.
Average salary after completion of diploma in computer applications
The average salary can range between 2,500 USD – 6,500 USD
The average salary depends on the level of experience the candidate holds and the educational qualification he carries. A candidate’s salary with a diploma in computer applications is determined by taking all the above into consideration.
Slowly, technology and inventions are taking over the world. They come with numerous advantages to humans and make work easier.
With Artificial Intelligence (AI) steadily taking over real and virtual reality, we can expect major technological advancements to our lifestyles in the coming years.
A diploma in computer applications can help anyone who wants to do something with their skills and expertise in the field.
- United States is said to invest approximately $2 trillion USD in computer application, software, and robotics research in the coming years.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience is necessary for anyone trying to apply for a diploma in computer application abroad.
- The average salary after graduating with a diploma in computer applications can range between 2,500 USD – 6,500 USD
- In the coming years, AI is said to take over the industry.
Did you enjoy this blog? If yes, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on a diploma in computer application. We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Read next: Best computer courses | 7 courses for undergrad aspirants
Q1. Which is the highest paying job after a diploma in computer application?
Answer – Software Architect is the highest paying job after DCA, with an average annual salary of $88,000-$165,000.
Q2. Which countries are the best to study computer science?
Answer – The United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Switzerland are said to be the top countries for pursuing computer science.
Q3. Which countries have the best opportunities for AI jobs?
Answer – The USA, Europe, and India have the best jobs for AI candidates.