Table of Contents
Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company located in Bangalore and registered as a private limited company in Singapore. The company began by selling books online before branching into other product categories, such as consumer electronics, fashion, home needs, food, and lifestyle items. The service primarily competes with Amazon’s Indian subsidiary and domestic competitor Snapdeal.
In 2020, Flipkart had over 250 million customers and offered over 80 million products over 80+ categories, with 100 million listed users and 8 million monthly shipments. Flipkart began focusing on India’s rural and semi-rural areas following its takeover by the US retail behemoth, Walmart, which purchased a 77% interest in Flipkart for US$16 billion in 2018.
Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, IIT Delhi alumni and former employees of Amazon, started Flipkart in October 2007. Initially, the company concentrated on online book sales with nationwide shipping. Flipkart slowly obtained popularity, and by 2008, it was receiving 100 orders every day. Flipkart purchased Lulu.com’s Bangalore-based social book discovery service WeRead in 2010.
Flipkart purchased the digital distribution company Mime360.com and the digital content portfolio of the Bollywood portal Chakpak in 2011. After the acquisition, Flipkart launched its DRM-free online music store Flyte in 2012. Flyte was unsuccessful and closed down in June 2013 due to competition from free streaming providers.
About Flipkart Internship Program
Flipkart is one of India’s major e-commerce companies. For interested students, Ekart has developed the Launchpad internship program. The Launchpad internship program allows young people to be a part of their journey and gain a deep knowledge about the world chain process., which is the spine of our E-Commerce business.
Launchpad enables young people to be part of their journey and thoroughly understand the global supply chain process.
Launchpad internship program eligibility
There are various requirements for the launchpad internship program. In the following paragraphs, we have included all of the eligibility conditions. Please carefully read the following points before applying for the internship program.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Students that are pursuing their studies are eligible to enroll in this program.
- This internship program is open to graduates from 2022.
- Students doing UG, PG, and diploma courses in any discipline (excluding BTech) are eligible to apply for this internship program.
- Interested candidates must have an Aadhar Card and a bank account.
- The launchpad internship program is for 45 days.
How can one apply for the Flipkart internship program?
Candidates must follow the procedure outlined below to apply for the launchpad internship program.
- Go to the official website of the launchpad internship program
- On the homepage, enter your email id and fill in: I am a – ‘student or Placement Officer.’
- Then, click on next and enter the following details
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- College name
- College city
- College state
- Passing out year
- Course name
- College placement officers’ names and phone number
- Placement officer email id address
- Address for internship
- Then click on submit
Once you are shortlisted, the Flipkart team will contact you for the first round of interviews. So, before giving an interview, be patient.
Final selection: If you pass all the interviews, you will receive an official notification of choice from the team.
Flipkart internship certificate | Launchpad internship site
Flipkart has provided several locations for the internship program. They have divided the area into four zones: the North Zone, the South Zone, the East Zone, and the West Zone.
- White field
- Launchpad is a one-of-a-kind Internship program offered by Ekart, Flipkart’s supply chain arm and one of India’s top e-commerce firms.
- It is a chance for young minds to learn about supply chain management and participate in the processes that support the e-commerce business.
- Students will participate in a 45-day internship program in one of their facilities/hubs, where they will learn about supply chain difficulties and become team members.
Liked this blog? Read next: AICTE internship 2022: Everything you need to know
Q1. Does Flipkart employ interns?
Ans- Flipkart offers both virtual and in-person internships, paying between $25,000 and $35,000 per month.
Q3. What kind of work is an internship at Flipkart?
Ans-There are a few profiles at Flipkart where one can find an internship, including software development, product management, operation management, and HR. With stipends ranging from 25K to 35K, Flipkart offers both virtual and in-person internships.
Q3. What is the difference between FC and MH in Flipkart?
Ans-A company transports products in bulk to a Flipkart-operated warehouse (or Fulfilment Centre (FC)) where they are stored. Flipkart FC ships the things as and when orders come in from customers daily, i.e., picks, packs, and ships to the purchasers.