Table of Contents
Digitization is growing, and it will not stop, which is why jobs in digital marketing will be more in demand. Recruiters will not only look at your skill but also which courses you have done to build this skill. And Google knows a thing or two about digitization and marketing, which is why they have created a course! So learn these 7 important things about the google digital marketing course and how it will benefit you in this blog!
#1 What is the Google digital marketing course?
Google is a search engine that allows anyone with an internet connection to access websites and web apps easily. The company also deals with cloud computing, online advertising, and much more.
Google digital marketing is a free course offered by the company that brings beginners up to date with the basics of digital marketing. There is a wide range of topics covered, which is helpful for small businesses to grow online. It also helps newbies gain the skills to start working as digital marketers.
The entire course is taken online, with 26 modules across important marketing topics. This course is beneficial if you want to make your resume more attractive to employers, find a new job, or even get better at the job you currently have.
The course offers practical, real-world case studies to make it easier to apply your knowledge to actual marketing issues. Unlike other marketing courses, this course is crafted by Google trainers. After going through the video tutorials, you need to complete an exam, and then you will get a certificate for passing the course. Putting this on your job profile as an added skillset can set you above other candidates.
#2 Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wants a big picture perspective of all areas of digital marketing. It is suitable for those who are complete beginners in the digital world as well as those who own small businesses. But the beauty of this course is that even experts who take this can learn so much in other areas. You gain deep knowledge in many aspects of marketing, so taking this course will broaden your understanding.
#3 Skills will you learn with this course
The course takes a holistic approach, rather than overloading students. With a lot of details, they will teach you the principles and basics of digital marketing. Some of the skills you’ll pick up are-
- Understanding analytics and making use of data to improve your online presence.
- Build business strategies that will steady and support business growth.
- Basics and principles of content marketing.
- Find out how to excel at displaying advertisements and grab attention with your graphics.
- Learn about setting up and running an online store and the fundamentals of e-commerce.
- Learn the right approach to email marketing.
- Understand how to target and build a local client base through directories, search presence, and more.
- Be able to distinguish between mobile sites and apps.
- Learn SEM (Search Engine Marketing), how to use the tools, and run successful paid campaigns.
- Learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and how to organically increase your website’s ranking, and what strategies to use.
- Have a game plan for boosting your social media reach with measurable results.
- Understand the importance of incorporating video format marketing that is seen by the audience you are targeting.
#4 Topics taught in this course
The course has 26 modules. They divided these into small lessons that are easy to understand and retain.
- The first few modules focus on the digital world’s elementary, basic concepts and setting up the rest of the course. It will help you create your own idea of what you want out of digital marketing (for yourself or your business). You will also adapt your strategy when needed.
- The next modules detail websites, their utility, importance, and how they work. It will help you see – in what way websites align with your business goals, and what things you should avoid.
- The next five modules are squarely focused on search, as in search results in a web search engine.
- The first part walks through the basics of search engines, the Google search console, and what paid searches are.
- The following parts explore keywords, SEO, optimizing your website for better results, and how to get discovered.
- Lastly, the next modules deal with paid searches and running successful campaigns to get your money’s worth for paid search engine marketing.
- Next, the course elaborates on the local aspect of your business and how to get discovered by people who live or work nearby you. This will involve understanding how to use Google maps and shine as a known local business.
- The following modules deal with social media, what it is and how it can help you. You will also learn how to develop a long-term plan for consistent and successful social media marketing. It will also teach how you can measure the success of your social media.
- After teaching the basics of mobile marketing, content marketing, and email marketing, you will learn about advertising on other websites. There is a module on display advertising, which will create the best display ads for capturing attention (and clicks) to your product or services.
- The next three modules teach you about data, analytics and utilizing them to understand what works for your online presence and what does not work.
- The final three modules are for those who wish to start an online store or run an e-commerce site. From building an online shop and increasing your sales to reaching international markets, these modules turn your small business into an international one.
#5 Duration of the fundamentals of the course
The course has multiple sections that together run for about 40 hours. However, the convenience offered by an online course means that you can learn at your own pace. There is no fixed duration to complete the course. You can revisit any module that you do not fully understand.
#6 Cost of the digital marketing course
This course is free, it does not require any payment, but you will need to register for the course. Enrolment in the course means you will need an Email id or Google account (if you don’t already have one). The other things you need to complete this course are time and a little effort.
#7 What other courses does Google offer?
Google has many courses, ranging from the basics of machine learning and technical support to psychological improvement and soft skills development. These are free courses that are curated by the company and after each course, you will receive a certificate from Google itself. While Google creates some courses, others are made by trusted third parties and validated by the company.
Here is an important distinction between the free courses and the Google Developers Certification program. The Developers Certification is a paid course for coders, web/app developers, and other IT professionals.
- Google’s digital marketing course is free and has 26 modules.
- You learn from practical, real-world case studies.
- If you put aside an hour or two each day, you’ll be able to have a complete idea of all the basics of digital marketing.
- They designed this course by keeping beginners in mind, so it does not matter if you don’t have a background in technology.
- With the skills learned through this course, you will be able to tackle many exciting projects and jobs.
If you’re looking for a career in a fast-growing sector, this is one of the fastest-growing options in the modern world. Give it a go, and you won’t regret it!
1. What do I need to get my certificate?
All you need to do is pay attention during the tutorial parts and then answer the assessment questions. If you answer well, you will pass the certification and receive a downloadable certificate from Google.
2. Is there a fixed duration for completing modules?
No, there isn’t any fixed time to finish a module. You can put a hold on to a difficult section and move on to something easier and then return to it when you’re ready.
3. Are there shorter courses that focus only on SEO?
Yes, there are plenty of shorter courses available at Google, including SEO courses. Most of these courses provide certification as well (if the course is not by Google, you will not get a Google certificate).
We hope you liked this blog. If you did, be sure to leave a comment and share your thoughts. Get in touch with us if you have any doubts.
You may also enjoy reading- Here’s everything you need to know about Digital Marketing