Table of Contents
Estimations have revealed that as many as 200-500 million people meditate globally. In fact,14% of the American population has admitted to engaging in meditation at least once in their lives.
Meditation helps you redirect your thoughts, discover your inner feelings, deal with stress and anxiety. It is a spiritual and healing process that you undertake to tend to your most neglected parts and nurture them to help you stay calm, balanced, and focused, regardless of the circumstances. So, to keep you going on the spiritual path, we have compiled a list of great meditation quotes. Keep scrolling!
Benefits of meditating daily!
The benefits of meditation are plenty, making it a popular practice to incorporate into daily life. Some of the emotional and psychological benefits of meditation include:
- Increase in tolerance and patience
- Reduction in negative thoughts and emotions
- An increase in the focus on the present
- Greater sense of self-awareness
There is an emphasis on mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. A structured morning routine with exercise and quotes to start your day and a diet filled with wholesome and nutritious ingredients are just a few examples of the same.
If you have decided to jump on the bandwagon to overall health and wellbeing with regular meditation, these meditation quotes will get you moving!
45 meditation quotes to inspire you
1. “Sleeping is the best meditation.” – the Dalai Lama
2. “This is love” the flowering of love is meditation.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
3. “Meditation can be like a battle with yourself, your thoughts, your body.” – Amanda Palmer
4. “Morning meditation is important to start every day on a positive note.” – Susan Burton.
5. “There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.” – Buddha
6. “Inward calm cannot be maintained unless your physical strength is constantly and intelligently replenished.” – Buddha
7. “Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
8. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse
9. “If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” – among the most popular Dalai Lama meditation quotes.
10. “My sole literary ambition is to write one good novel, and then retire to my hut in the desert, assume the lotus position, compose my mind and senses, and sink into meditation, contemplating my novel.” – Edward Abbey
11. “We tend to think of meditation in only one way. But life itself is meditation.” – Raul Julia
12. “The affairs of the world will go on forever. Do not delay the practice of meditation.” – Milarepa
13. “There are different things one can do to establish and hasten the peace process. Meditation is one way.” – Mike Love
14. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – the Dalai Lama
15. “If you want to find God, hang out in the space between your thoughts.” – Alan Cohen
16. “Through meditation and by giving full attention to one thing at a time, we can direct attention where we choose.” – one of Eknath Easwaran’s popular mediation quotes.
17. “When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering, like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.” – Bhagavad Gita
18. “Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God.” – Diana Robinson
19. “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” – Buddha
20. “Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace.” – Zen Gatha
21. “You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes in a day. Unless you are too busy; then you should sit for an hour.” – Old Zen quote.
22. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
23. “Meditation is not you going through thoughts – it’s letting your thoughts go through you.” – Naval Ravikant
24. “Trust is the offspring of silence and meditation.” – Isaac Newton
25. “Meditation is not spacing-out or running away. In fact, it is being totally honest with ourselves.” – Kathleen McDonald; among her most recognized meditation quotes.
26. “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” – James Allen
27. “Watching birds has become a part of my daily meditation, affirming my connection to the Earth body.” – Carol P. Christ
28. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
29. “Meditation is the soul’s perspective glass.” – Owen Feltham
30. “The purpose of meditation is personal transformation.” – Henepola Gunaratana
31. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
32. “Reading makes a full man, meditation – a profound man, discourse – a clear man.” – Benjamin Franklin
33. “All of man’s difficulties are caused by his inability to sit quietly in a room by himself.” – Blaise Pascal
34.”The first recipe for happiness is avoiding lengthy meditation on the past.” – Andre Maurois
35. “Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It is a way of entering into the quiet that is already there and buried under 50,000 thoughts that the average person thinks every day.” – Deepak Chopra’s pick from popular meditation quotes.
36. “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” – Sr. Francis de Sales
37. “The mind can be your best friend or your worst enemy.” – Kabira
38. “It’s like having a charger for your whole body and mind. That’s what meditation is!” – Jerry Seinfeld
39. “The thing about meditation is . . . you become more and more you.” – David Lynch
40. “Quiet the mind and the soul will speak.” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
41. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
42.”Mindful meditation has been discovered to foster the ability to inhibit very quick emotional impulses.” – Daniel Goleman
43. “Meditation is painful in the beginning but it bestows immortal bliss and supreme joy in the end.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
44. “A good meditation, even when it is interrupted by occasional nodding, is much more beneficial than many outward religious exercises.” – Johannes Tauler
45. “I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Meditation is becoming a popular practice for the youth in current times, considering the benefits associated with the same.
- Choosing to meditate for at least 20 minutes a day can result in significant relief from anxiety and stress.
- Mastery over the mind and learning to be still is key to successfully managing your thoughts and emotions. Positive meditation quotes can provide additional insight and motivation to continue.
- Starting with meditation may seem like a challenge, but with practice, it becomes easier to calm and still the mind.
That’s all we have for you in this blog! If you have any questions/suggestions, then feel free to drop a comment or reach out to us!
Q1. How often should I meditate?
Answer – It is recommended that beginners start with meditating 5-10 minutes a day regularly. As the practice becomes easier, you can meditate for up to 20 minutes or more.
Q2. How do I begin the meditative practice?
Answer – While there are different ways to meditate, many guided meditations are available on the internet that can help you find a good method.
Q3. Can I use protective crystals during my meditation?
Answer – Yes, it is a common practice to use protective crystals during meditation. Holding crystals in your palm or near you while you meditate can help you tune into the frequencies of the same.