Table of Contents
- Study motivation quotes | An introduction
- Best study motivation quotes
- 1.“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing, or learning to do.”- Pelé
- 2. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”- Bill Cosby
- 3. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”- Stephen Hawking
- 4. “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.”- Dwayne Johnson
- 5. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.”- John D. Rockefeller
- 6. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.”- Beyoncé Knowles
- 7. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”- Thomas Edison
- 8. “The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top.”- O. J. Simpson
- 9. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”– Thomas Jefferson
- 10. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”- John Maxwell
- Bonus study motivation quotes
- What more to do for the much-needed motivation?
- Final words!
Study motivation quotes | An introduction
You might find it difficult to stay motivated or focused while studying. But keep in mind that you are not alone, and this can be fixed. If, at times, you feel demotivated and find yourself drifting into procrastination, read these study motivation quotes. These quotes will inspire you to take proactive steps toward studying.
Best study motivation quotes
1.“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing, or learning to do.”- Pelé
We have heard people saying “do what you love,” but have you ever wondered why? Well, this is one of the several study motivation quotes by Edson Arantes do Nascimento aka Pelé, stating its importance. When you are working on things you love, every little success motivates you to achieve bigger feats in life. So, add a dash of perseverance while working hard, ace those exams, and accomplish your dreams.
2. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”- Bill Cosby
This is one of the many motivational quotes for students to study hard, inspiring students in every possible way. Remember, it is okay to fear failure, but do not let it drive you away from working hard. Sail through that fear, and you are going to achieve what you aim for. If you find yourself tripping a bit due to fear, reading this quote might help. After all, it is one of the best exam study motivation quotes for a reason.
3. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”- Stephen Hawking
Stephen Hawking, the world-famous theoretical physicist, said this to inspire young minds. This remains one of the most inspirational motivational quotes to study hard. This quote will remind you not to get bogged down by difficult situations and failures in life. You will always find something you are good at and can step up the ladder of success. If you are a student, look for subjects you like, learn more, and master those areas. Having said that, do not ignore your weak areas. You can always work hard to turn your weaknesses into your strengths.
4. “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.”- Dwayne Johnson
Next on the list of best motivational quotes to study hard is this quote by Dwayne Johnson. Nobody becomes an overnight success. Every little thing you do to achieve your goals adds up, and yes, consistency is the key. So, if you want to get into your dream university, work every day to ace that exam and achieve the goal you have set for yourself.
5. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.”- John D. Rockefeller
John D. Rockefeller gave the world this peculiar quote back in the first half of the 20th century. Rockefeller, considered the first billionaire in the USA, was also a generous philanthropist and wanted to inspire the world with his actions. This is one of the many unique motivational quotes for students to study hard because it encourages you to innovate your learning styles to achieve success.
6. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.”- Beyoncé Knowles
This quote is apt in today’s world of intense academic as well as professional competition. Beyonce, the widely popular pop singing icon, realized this early in her career and has been an active proponent of this quote. Since power is never given to you, you need to be worthy enough to grab it. You can do this only with the power of knowledge, skills, and competencies that you build up while studying. Therefore, this is considered one of the best study motivation quotes for students.
7. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”- Thomas Edison
If you are looking for some best motivational quotes for students, then look at this one cited by Thomas Edison. Edison, the inventor of several revolutionary gadgets and appliances like the light bulb, the gramophone, the film, etc., knew too well what it takes to succeed. His advice for the students can be summed up as always remembering that people fail, but if you give up, you will never know your chances of succeeding. What if this is the last failure before that big success?
8. “The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that’s the day you start to the top.”- O. J. Simpson
If you find yourself making excuses for not studying enough, this quote by O.J. Simpson might help you get your studies back on track. This can be called one of the best quotes on study motivation as it encourages you to take charge of your studies since it is the only way you can begin on the path to success.
9. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”– Thomas Jefferson
The 3rd President of the USA, Thomas Jefferson, was a politician and visionary who inspired an entire generation. He related hard work with luck because, according to him, luck (or opportunities) was something you create yourself with hard work and perseverance. This can also be interpreted as one of the many exam study motivation quotes that urge you to study hard and leave nothing on luck when sitting for an exam.
10. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”- John Maxwell
Out of all the best study motivation quotes, this is probably the most thought-provoking one. John Maxwell, the prominent American author and motivational speaker, urges students to develop the drive to achieve the best version of themselves. He believes that it is this drive that separates successful people from the unsuccessful. Therefore, learn as much as you can, upskill, and adapt to the changing times to stay ahead in this cut-throat competition. All these things will help you become the best version of yourself.
Bonus study motivation quotes
- “People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true. I was not tired physically… No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.”- Rosa Parks
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”– Robert Collier
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do”. – John Wooden
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”– Maria Robinson
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”– Arthur Ashe
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”– Vidal Sassoon
- “If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.”– Michelangelo
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.”– Winston Churchill
- “If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.”– Muhammad Ali
- “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”– Christopher Reeve
What more to do for the much-needed motivation?
Besides these excellent study motivation quotes, there are other things that can propel you and drive you to work hard. This is important if you wish to let go of procrastination and engage in fruitful studying.
So, follow these tips and stay motivated:
- Write- Write down thoughts that are preventing you from studying effectively.
- Rest- Whenever you are not feeling up to it mentally or physically, it is best to take some much-needed rest.
- Introspect- It will help you understand your studying style and improve upon the areas that need work.
- Try different ways- You can try listening to some motivational podcasts, speeches, or stories that can inspire you when you need it the most.
- Prioritize right- Get your priorities right. This list of exam motivational quotes to study hard might help you prioritize what is important.
We hope this list of study motivation quotes inspires you enough to study hard without being distracted from your goals. With continued enthusiasm for study and the perseverance to get through failure, you are bound to succeed in exams at school or college. So, work smart (not just hard), and reach the pinnacle of success as you always aspire.
If you want us to add any other quotes here, do let us know. You can drop a comment below or reach out to us. Besides this, if you know someone who needs to hear some words of motivation share this list with them!
Till then, get inspired and study hard!
Liked this blog? Then read: Need of motivational quotes for students to study hard
Q1. Which are the best quotes for motivation to study?
Answer- Most of the quotes on this list are the best sources of inspiration you may need during studying. Most people consider the words of Rockefeller and Dwayne Johnson to be the most powerful. On the other hand, some consider the words of O. J. Simpson and Pele to be the most thought-provoking. Ultimately, it depends upon who your role model is, and how well you can relate to and apply these quotes in your daily life. Apart from this, there are many other quotes as well available on the internet.
Q2. What are motivation quotes?
Answer- Motivation quotes are small excerpts of speeches, writings, or statements by prominent personalities throughout history. These excerpts are meant to motivate and inspire people into action.
Q3. What are some “How to motivate someone to study” quotes?
Answer- If you wish to know how to motivate a friend, family member, or even co-worker, you can easily recommend them to read this list of 10 study motivation quotes.