Documents required for US visa
Smantha Owens last edited by
What type of documents are required if I am applying for a USA student visa?
Nikhil fernandes last edited by
There are different types of US visas like M-1, J-1, F-1. But most student visas are F-1 visa. These are the documents required for a US student visa:
- Non-immigrant visa application form (Form DS-160)
- Standardized digital color passport photo taken recently
- A valid passport
- Receipt of visa application fee payment
- Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status (Form I-20)
- Documents proving adequate financial support during your stay in the US (Bank Statement)
- Diplomas, Transcripts, Certificates, and Degrees from your attended schools. Along with that, Scores from Standardized tests such as TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, GRE, etc.
- Documents that serve as proof of your intent to return, upon completing your program (for example; your asset documents or job offer letter valid after you complete the study).
Additional documents may be requested depending on your location or the specific program you have been admitted into. For more info checkout this blog -