Table of Contents
- Top 10 Mother Teresa quotes
- #1. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
- #2. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
- #3. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
- #4. “Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls.”
- #5. “Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly.”
- #6. “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.”
- #7. “Do small things with great love.”
- #8. “If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know who you are.”
- #9. “Peace begins with a smile.”
- #10. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
- Key Takeaways
Mother Teresa is a Nobel Peace Prize laureate. She is known for dedicating her life to serving the impoverished and needy. As a result of her devotion and sacrifice, she became an international symbol of humanitarian work. The love and compassion she showed to the needy of all faiths earned her a Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, which she donated to the poor altogether.
Mother Teresa always respected local customs and beliefs and prioritized humanity over religious differences. By 2013, the Missionaries of Charity, the philanthropic organization she founded, expanded to 700 missions in 130 countries. The organization provides meals, family support, and spiritual guidance to the centres, orphanages, schools, hospitals, and residences for individuals suffering from leprosy, AIDS, tuberculosis, etc.
Here are the 10 best Mother Teresa quotes that will tell you a lot about her principles in life.
Top 10 Mother Teresa quotes
#1. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
It signifies that being faithful to the tiny things in life strengthens you to tackle the bigger things, such as obstacles, duties, and so on. It is about making a difference in the lives of those in your immediate vicinity, in a smaller circle, and then moving ahead to help strangers.
#2. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
This quote talks about sharing feelings of love and compassion with someone in pain and despair. Having said that, people don’t have to be sad or in pain to benefit from your love and kindness. Try to spread love and joy wherever you are. It will brighten someone’s life.
#3. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
The third on the list of best Mother Teresa quotes tells about why judging people can be our biggest mistake. It essentially means that people constantly judge one another. They make quick judgments about people they’ve never met, which are almost always incorrect. By the time they meet, there is no room in their hearts for them to get to know one another. As they’ve already determined that they know everything about one another, they don’t even try to know a person.
#4. “Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls.”
Trust me when I say that being joyful inspires others to do the same. What’s more contagious than laughter? Nothing! So, be happy and share your happiness with others. If you’re having a bad day, find someone to share your thoughts with, and your day will get better.
#5. “Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly.”
We spend each week counting down the days from Monday to Friday while hurrying through the majority of our days. Slow down, take a deep breath, be grounded, and don’t get ahead of yourself. Just enjoy the journey and moments.
#6. “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.”
Challenges and tragedies, as well as joy, are experienced by everyone on this planet. It is entirely up to you how you show yourself to the world. Eventually, people will choose to spend time with you if you are a person they enjoy being around.
#7. “Do small things with great love.”
Yes, it is difficult for an individual to donate a large amount and look out for everyone, but there is something tiny you can do to brighten someone’s day. Your random acts of kindness will encourage others to follow suit. It’s time to pay it forward.
#8. “If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know who you are.”
Being humble means believing in your heart that you are not above anyone and not being arrogant in your words, deeds, or actions. True humility is the pinnacle of regard and love for everyone.
#9. “Peace begins with a smile.”
It’s hard to believe, but a simple smile can make someone’s day. It is free, yet everyone appears too preoccupied to share even the most basic gift. It’s a given that if you give one, you’ll get one even greater in return. So, keep spreading that smile.
#10. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
Why do we recall the terrible things that people say all the time? Please think about your words before you say them; they will last longer than you think. If you’re upset, take a break from the talk and return when you’ve cooled down. You can apologize for hurtful remarks, but you can’t take them back. Similarly, when expressing compliments, be kind and honest; it will make a difference to someone.
- Mother Teresa is a living example of the ideas she wrote about and lived by every day. Her words will always live in the minds of those who were blessed by her love and compassion.
- Ask yourself- What is it that the world needs today the most? The answer is difficult, but the last couple of years have taught us that we need love, kindness, compassion, empathy, care, and joy. All of the quotes above talk about them. Read all these Mother Teresa quotes and try to apply them in your life to see the change.
- These Mother Teresa quotes on life aren’t specific but for everyone. One just has to choose to follow the sayings of Mother Teresa regardless of gender, caste, or nationality. This choice will make the world a better place.
- You can find Mother Teresa’s best quotes about compassion, love, smile, life, and more online.
Did you enjoy reading these Mother Teresa quotes? If yes, you’d definitely love reading a blog on Sudha Murthy. Do not forget to comment below or reach out to us to share your thoughts.
Q1. What makes Mother Teresa special?
Answer- She formed the Missionaries of Charity to care for abandoned newborns and serve the poorest of the poor, claiming that they “lived like animals yet died like angels.” She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 and was canonized as Saint Teresa following her death.
Q2. What is Mother Teresa’s real name?
Answer- Mother Teresa was born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu on August 26, 1910, in Skopje, Macedonia. Her ancestors came from Albania.
Q3. Why did Mother Teresa come to India?
Answer- She wanted to study English to become a missionary, and the Sisters of Loreto in India used English as their primary medium of instruction. Mother Teresa arrived in India in 1929 and taught at St. Teresa’s School in Darjeeling before taking her first religious vows on May 24, 1931.
Q4. What was Mother Teresa’s education?
She went to a public school in Skopje and was initially interested in religion as a member of a school club dedicated to overseas missions (groups that travel to foreign countries to spread their religious beliefs). Then, at the age of 12, she felt compelled to aid the underprivileged.
Q5. What are the top 3 inspirational Mother Teresa quotes?
Answer- The 3 most inspirational quotes are as follows.
- “Peace begins with a smile.”
- “We fear the future because we are wasting today.”
- “When you don’t have anything, then you have everything.”