Harvard, a dream university that was established in 1636 and is based out of Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. With a student strength of over 20,000 candidates, this Ivy league tops the lists of the finest colleges to study abroad.
In this article, learn everything from admissions, scholarships, placements packages, courses offered to your chances of studying at Harvard University. Here’s all that you need to know for making the cut!
Admission process and requirements for international students to study at Harvard University
The requirements vary for the courses at Harvard University.
- Standardized Tests- The tests vary with the courses you apply for when you want to study overseas. A high score in the standardized tests is a must for international students.
- SAT/ ACT Score- Minimum scorer of 1500+ in SAT with 750+ out of 800 in each subject. Harvard University needs SAT1 and SAT2 scores. A 34+ score in the ACT is required.
- TOEFL Score- 100+ out of 120
- Essay- Your essay is your introduction to the admission committee. This 400-500 words essay has to be your perfect and strongest pitch.
- School Grades (GPA) – The academic records of the previous four years are to be submitted. It requires that you have an A score in them. Aim for at least 7+ GPA out of 10.
- Letter of recommendation- Your teacher or counselor would write a letter of recommendation for you. It should comprise information such as your key roles on working with professors, areas of strength and opportunities explored.
- Extracurricular Activities- You should have an exceptional record to prove your leadership qualities and skills when applying to Harvard University. Be it trekking or dancing, showcase a strong portfolio in the Digital space that gives you a unique edge over others.
Courses Available at Harvard University
Harvard University has a number of courses for undergraduate program, graduate & professional schools, continuing education, and summer schools. In total, it has 12 degree-granting schools. Some of them are in management, arts & science, design, medical, and law streams. You can check the courses here in the link- www.harvard.edu/admissions-aid or even visit our website www.ischoolconnect.com to get a comparative understanding of all the Universities and their offerings.
Meeting expenses when at Harvard – Scholarship to Study Abroad for Indian Students
The total cost of studying at Harvard University for four years would be about $70,000- $60,000. This includes approximately $47,000 for tuition and the remaining for room, board, and fees combined. However, Harvard provides need-based financial aid to those students whose family makes under $65k annually. Note that, other than this there are no athletic or academic scholarships for students. The financial aid policy for studies overseas is the same for US citizens or foreign citizens. Your application for financial aid does not hamper the admission decisions to Harvard University. Apart from this consider an education loan with low-interest rates and earning as you study. Refer to our recent article on planning your finances to know more.
What about the Return on Investment and the student VISA process to study abroad?
Harvard University students enjoy an edge over many others thanks to their premium starting packages. The average salary Harvard alumni are believed to receive is a whopping $900,00. U.S is very clear with its norms for students VISA. The VISA would cost you about $160. Make sure your VISA has been approved prior to your formalities begin with the University admissions department.
Your chances of making it to Harvard University?
We understand that admission to Harvard is easier said than done. Take note that apart from your school scores, your statement of purpose, letter of recommendation, essays, portfolios, and correctly filled admission forms are a prerequisite to have your name see the light of the day at Harvard.
Get in touch with the best education counselors around you to know about more about the right strategy to carve your way to Harvard University. iSchoolconnect is a top education counselor based out of Boston and Mumbai. Receive personalized guidance from top counselors in every step. Receive first-round University recommendations for free within a minute from entering your scores on iSchoolconnect.