Table of Contents
About the St Geroge’s, University of London
The St George’s University of London is a public research university in Tooting, London, England, founded in 1733. St George’s, University of London, one of the oldest and only UK universities based in a hospital, prepares students to pursue excellence in academic medicine, healthcare, and science, informed by a global perspective. The university has 5,500 students and an international community of over 547 students, and it offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional education programs. Keep reading for details.
Why study at St George’s, University of London?
Here’s why you should pursue education at St George’s, University of London-
- The university shares a campus with St George Hospital University Medical Center, a significant London teaching hospital, allowing students to study in a clinical setting alongside various healthcare professionals.
- The university works with Erasmus to provide grants for students who want to finish their studies in another European country. Students have studied at partner institutes such as the University of Barcelona, Radboud University Medical Center, Leiden University, and the University of Granada.
- Students and staff members showcase their projects at their unique Education Ideas Hub events. The university awards more than 14,000 GBP to Student-Staff Partnership Grants.
St George’s, University of London ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
- St George’s ranks first for graduate prospects by the Complete University Guide 2023.
- St. George’s University of London ranks 201-250th in THE World University Rankings 2021.
St. George’s programs rank as follows in the QS World University Ranking by Subject Ranking in 2020-
- 201-250 in Medicine
- 323 in Life Sciences and Medicine
- 551-600 in Biological Sciences
Programs at the university
Take a look at the programs at St George’s, University of London-
- The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional degrees in medicine and health care.
- At the undergraduate level, the traditional MBBS in Medicine is a 5-year program.
- B.Sc. degrees are available in various fields, including radiotherapy, paramedic science, physiotherapy, clinical pharmacology, healthcare science, and many others.
- The university offers a master’s degree apprentice program in Advanced Clinical Practice to experienced healthcare professionals at the graduate level.
- Aside from that, M.Sc. and M.Res. programs in Global Health, Genomic Medicine, Biomedical Science, and other fields are available.
- St George’s University also provides a variety of short-term and part-time professional degree programs in Clinical Genomics, Healthcare Practice, Paramedic Practice, and other fields.
Here’s how you can apply to the university-
- Complete the application form
- Provide English proficiency exam test results.
- Provide test results for all required exams.
- Transcripts from high school or secondary school are required.
- The application fee for St George’s, University of London, is 22 GBP.
- Payment of the application fee
You must submit the below documents-
- Complete application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Personal statement
- Two references
- High school graduation certificate
- Certification of graduation or certificate of an undergraduate degree (for students applying to graduate programs)
- Official university transcripts (for students applying to graduate programs)
Services at the university
Below are some of the services available at the university-
- Students at the St George’s, University of London campus can access all 38 learning venues and 6 computer rooms.
- The university has a library that houses a healthcare and biomedical collection of over 42,000 books, academic journals, ebooks, and multimedia resources. In addition, the library has over 330 study spaces, including 30 computers.
- The university has five computer suites with 250 workstations, most of which have 24-hour access. Furthermore, the university’s laboratories provide the most up-to-date equipment for most courses.
- The university has a Paramedic Science Simulation Suite with three purpose-built domicile rooms, a skills lab, and an immersion room for students interested in becoming paramedics.
- St George’s, University of London provides its students with several clinical cubicles for teaching communication and clinical skills, reflecting the university’s hands-on approach. The cubicles have a ward-style setup of beds, skeletons, and mannequins for teaching.
- Students have access to the Dissecting Room, a purpose-built space where they teach anatomy to students from various courses. The room also has a state-of-the-art audio-visual system, high-resolution screens, and a large projector for live demonstrations and tutorials. It has all the types of equipment to deliver postgraduate surgical courses.
- The Radiography Suite, one of the best in the country, includes therapeutic simulation equipment, a treatment planning computer suite, four ultrasound machines, a mobile x-ray machine, an image intensifier, and other amenities.
- The St George’s University of London campus is in Tooting, south London.
- The University is on the same campus as St George’s Hospital, which is home to Channel 4’s 24 hours in A&E. It is fully equipped with cutting-edge educational technology.
- The campus has two coffee shops, three cafes, an M&S store, and a restaurant. A student union store and a Whistle Store are also available.
- The Student Union has several recreational areas, including a music room, a games room, and a welfare room. The student union also houses over 100 student clubs and societies devoted to various interests.
- The Dragon Bar at St George’s is the center of all student activities, hosting various social events throughout the year.
- Tooting town center is a short walk from the campus and offers students the opportunity to shop, eat at restaurants, and visit the Tooting and Broadway Markets.
- The university is one of the oldest in the United Kingdom to provide programs in medical science.
- The campus is in London’s southwest and houses laboratories where students can practice in real-life situations such as medical emergencies. There are also clinical skill laboratories and trauma centers on the premises.
- Teaching and medical and healthcare practice inextricably link, and most lecturers are either clinically active or have extensive clinical experience.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on St George’s, University of London. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: UK student permit guide | Everything you need to know
Q1. What are the St George’s, University of London GPA requirements?
Answer- The GPA requirement for international students at St George’s, University of London is 3.0. However, different courses have different prerequisites; please check the prerequisites for your chosen course.
Q2. Are there any St George’s, University of London scholarships for international students?
Answer-They do not directly offer scholarships for international students by St George’s, University of London, but it does provide resources for external grants and loans.
Q3. Why is London best for education?
Answer- Studying in London can provide access to unique opportunities around the world, as well as the opportunity to study abroad during your degree. The variety of courses available at over 40 higher education institutions allows you to study whatever you want.