Table of Contents
It has become vital for everyone to learn the top foreign languages in this increasingly interdependent society. Languages allow you to connect with people from all around the world. It serves as a valuable resource for you to use while traveling, studying, or works favorably in your CV for better job opportunities.
After you’ve convinced yourself of the advantages that different languages provide, the issue becomes: which are the best foreign languages? Which language is in higher demand? Learning which language would provide a higher wage? Which one corresponds to your preferences? So, when choosing a language, consider your interests, travel plans, educational aspirations, and job objectives. If you’re confused about which foreign language to learn, here’s a list of the most popular foreign languages to help you choose.
Mandarin is one of the best foreign languages to learn because it is the oldest Chinese version. It not only has many speakers in China but also in Thailand, Taiwan, and Mongolia. Learning Mandarin will allow you to delve deeper into Chinese literature while advancing your career.
Spanish is one of the top ten spoken languages and one of the finest foreign languages to study, roots in many nations worldwide. It is a popular choice among English speakers since it has a comparable word syntax to English. Spanish is also easier to learn than other foreign languages because of its simple vowel pronunciations.
Because German is the most widely spoken language in the European Union, it is an excellent choice for anyone interested in learning a top foreign language. It opens up a whole new world for its speakers, providing better educational and job opportunities.
French is another addition to our list of the finest languages to learn. It drips culture, has an undoubtedly lovely accent, easy-to-understand words, and supports a linguistic variety. Furthermore, it is one of the United Nations’ six official languages. As a result, it is a good alternative for anyone interested in pursuing a career in International Relations.
Japanese is recognized as one of the top foreign languages to learn. With a strong economy, a plethora of well-known multinational corporations, top academic institutions, and a history of technological advancements, Japan has emerged as an ideal location for establishing a career overseas. For both students and professionals, this has created a wealth of opportunities.
Learning Russian can open the door to countless professional options on the Asian continent and worldwide. Russia has a fascinating culture and diverse literature and is a vital part of the global economy, encouraging learners to learn Russian.
Italian should also be on your list of must-learn foreign languages! It is more challenging than Spanish, but it is similar to English in terms of phonetic sounds and verb tenses. The best part of studying Italian is that you’ll learn about the various non-verbal gestures utilized in Italy to convey distinct emotions!
If you want to develop a solid basis for learning languages like Spanish and Italian, you should start with Portuguese. With Latin America’s rise to prominence in music and culture, Portuguese has become a popular language to study that can transport you to far-flung destinations!
Arabic is one of the most difficult languages to learn, but it is ideal for individuals who want to study a historically rich language with various dialects and distinctive calligraphic forms of writing. If you want to learn about the beginnings of Hebrew, Phoenician, and Aramaic, then Arabic is the ideal language!
The Korean language is another important inclusion in our list because the country has grown in importance economically and culturally. Because there are no gender nouns or intonations in the Korean Hangeul Alphabet, it is straightforward to acquire and grasp the language.
Why should you learn some of the top foreign languages?
There are numerous reasons to learn a foreign language. Let’s look at some of the reasons for enrolling in such courses or programs.
- Learning a top foreign language can better prepare you for the globalized world.
- If learning German or Japanese is a hobby, you can turn it into a full-time opportunity. You could work as a language translator for publishing houses, an interpreter for foreign citizens, or an academic institution’s teacher/professor.
- Hundreds of multinational corporations and information technology firms with offices worldwide hire people fluent in a foreign language.
- A person fluent in more than one language can serve as a diplomat or immigration officer.
- Learning a foreign language will help you improve your cognitive thinking skills.
- Learning a top foreign language facilitates cross-cultural communication.
Top foreign language universities
Learning at least one foreign language is required for better career prospects. It puts you ahead of the competition and opens doors to new possibilities. Many colleges offer part-time or full-time foreign language learning courses. Here are a few of the best universities for foreign languages-
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Stanford University
- University of Cambridge
- Harvard University
- Princeton University
- The University of Chicago
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Edinburgh
- Learning a top foreign language can offer you vital skills such as critical thinking, which will hugely impact your future.
- You will stand out from the crowd if you are fluent in a foreign language. You will also be able to make a lasting impression on your company, which will help you advance quickly up the job ladder.
- People who can communicate in more than one language will have an easier time surviving in the global economy.
- Studying foreign languages develops an understanding of how language and human nature interact, which educates and encourages respect for others.
That’s all for now! If you have any more questions about which program to choose, you can drop a comment below on reach out to us.
Liked this blog? Read: How to learn a new language | 6 of the easiest tips!
Q1. When should you begin studying a foreign language?
According to the National Curriculum, children should begin learning a second language at 6 or 7.
Q2. Which is the world’s oldest language?
The world’s oldest languages include Korean, Hebrew, Chinese, Greek, and Sanskrit.
Q3. How does learning a foreign language help your brain?
Learning a foreign language helps build new areas of your mind and increase your brain’s natural ability to focus, entertain various ideas, and process information since the language centers in the brain are so versatile.