Table of Contents
One of the biggest in North America, the University of Victoria’s main campus spans 402 acres. With top-notch facilities and knowledgeable instructors, UVic provides aspiring students with a comprehensive selection of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees and diploma programs.
University of Victoria Rankings
- The University of Victoria is one of Canada’s top universities and is in the country’s top 2% of all universities.
- For 2021, the University of Victoria will be ranked between 301 and 400 internationally. The University of Victoria is ranked #301 in the world by US News & World Report for 2021, an improvement of 39 points over 2020.
- THE places the University of Victoria in the 351-400 category for 2021, indicating a decline from the 401-500 range in 2020.
- The University of Victoria has received above-average scores in several ranking categories, including worldwide outlook (88.6) and citations (73.7) for 2021.
University of Houston Victoria
The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) is a public institution in Texas. The University of Houston System includes it. Its Victoria campus covers 20 acres (8.1 ha), and UHV Katy is a satellite location. Established in 1971, UHV now enrolls around 4,300 students.
UHV has offered a quality university experience at an affordable price by offering various amenities like:
- Dynamic destination: Victoria is a welcoming town only 2 hours from major cities. They also have online classes provision for different courses.
- Academic Excellence: UHV is a nationally accredited university proud to be in the UH system.
- Affordable Education: It is ranked 5th in providing affordable education in Texas.
- Personalized attention: Diminutive-size classes provide individual attention to each student
The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) has its accreditation, academic offerings, and degree-granting processes. Unlike the University of Houston branch campus, UHV is a stand-alone institution of higher learning (UH). Although they are both parts of the University of Houston System, UHV and UH are independent institutions that provide degrees. Graduates receive diplomas bearing the name the University of Houston-Victoria.
UHV opened its doors to first- and second-year students in the fall of 2010, having previously only been open to upper-division and graduate students. The four academic colleges that makeup UHV are the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business Administration, School of Education & Human Development, and School of Nursing. Each institution offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Schools under the university
Arts & Sciences School
Besides the traditional on-campus classes, the School of Arts & Sciences also offers flexible course scheduling through online and off-site courses. Various programs are available through the School of Arts & Sciences Humanities, Science, Technology, Mathematics, and Social & Behavioral Sciences divisions. It is the location of the literary organizations Cuneiform Press, Fiction Collective Two, symplok, and American Book Review. There are also Centro Victoria and the Society for Critical Exchange.
School of Business Administration
The School of Business at the University of Houston-Victoria offers degree programs entirely online or in person.
School of Education & Human Development
Undergraduate and graduate degrees are available from the School of Education, Health Professions, and Human Development. A career in health studies as a public health educator or teaching elementary, middle, or secondary school students is possible with an undergraduate degree.
Depending on the program you are applying for and your present educational system, there are different University of Victoria admission criteria. The University of Victoria’s general admission criteria for overseas students includes evidence of your prior coursework, results of your English language proficiency tests (CAEL/ IELTS/ LPI/ MELAB/ TOEFL), and other supporting papers. The required TOEFL and IELTS scores are as follows:
- 65% acceptance rate
- Minimum score TOEFL requirements: 90
- Minimum score IELTS requirements: 6.5
For international students, University of Victoria tuition costs typically run at $16,039. Your education will cost you a total based on several variables, including the number of classes you take, your transportation options, your living arrangements (off-campus vs. on-campus), and other costs. The total tuition and additional expenses for international students also cover the cost of student societies, athletics, bus passes, dental plans, medical insurance, and health plans. Below are the typical tuition costs for University of Victoria international students at various educational levels:
- Undergraduate: $16039
- Post Graduate: $3700
- For undergraduate applications, international applicants must pay a cost of $137, and for graduate applications, a price of $169. For overseas students, the application fee for the law is $39.50.
- The University of Victoria is ranked in the top 3% of universities worldwide.
- The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) has its accreditation, academic offerings, and degree-granting processes.
- The University of Victoria’s general admission criteria for overseas students include evidence of your prior coursework and results of your English language proficiency tests.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments below Click here to contact us for more information on the topic. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Cincinnati | Programs, fees, rankings
Q1. Is it hard to get into the University of Victoria, Canada?
Answer- The university observes a moderately selective admission process, but this is challenging. Enrolments at the institute depend upon several factors, and submitting a score minimum of 80 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS is a part of standardized tests in Canada.
Q2. What is Victoria University famous for?
Answer- Victoria University is a world leader in sport and exercise research, and we support local and international sports.
Q3. Is Victoria good for international students?
Answer- The University of Victoria, Canada, is one of the best schools in the world for international students. Every year, people come here to study from virtually 118 different world countries for any of the following programs: Undergraduate programs. Graduate programs