Table of Contents
The UAE is more than the modern glamor of its two major cities. The interior of the country’s desert and the Hajar Mountains are all about big-sky vistas and adventurous sports. Even the 4WD journeys over rippling dunes to taking on the world’s longest zipline over the jagged slopes of Jebel Jais. There’s also much more history here than the sleek structures and futuristic skyscrapers. Read on to visit the top places in the UAE.
Tilt-up to Dubai’s Burj Khalifa
- The Burj Khalifa is a 2722-feet-tall skyscraper in Dubai, one of the country’s most iconic structures.
- This is the world’s tallest freestanding skyscraper, including an observation deck and an elevator that offers panoramic views over Dubai.
- Dubai’s policy of constructing opulent landmarks is paying dividends.
- According to Mastercard’s Global Destination Cities Index, the city is climbing the ranks of the world’s most visited cities. It ranked fourth with 16.7 million tourists expected this year.
- The Burj Khalifa ranks No. 5 under tourist attraction by U.S. News & World Report.
Top beaches in the UAE
- For many vacationers, a holiday in the UAE revolves around the beach.
- While temperatures in Europe and North America are dropping, the UAE’s peak season spans from late October to May, when the UAE’s scorching summer heat gives way to winter beach weather.
- The more prominent beach attractions are Dubai and Abu Dhabi, with sightseeing, shopping, and amusement parks within a reasonable commuting distance of the beachfront.
- For sun and sand vacations, luxury resorts in Dubai center along the coast west of the main city.
- The shores of Abu Dhabi’s several islands are studded with luxury resorts.
- There are, however, other beach options than these two. The beach resorts of Ras Al-Khaimah and Ajman, in particular, are popular city escapes.
- At the same time, on the UAE’s eastern coast, Al Aqah Beach in the Emirate of Fujairah is a popular choice for sunbathers looking to beat the crowds.
Adventure at the Jebel Jais in Ras Al-Khaimah
- Jebel Jais, located near Ras Al-Khaimah, is the UAE’s highest peak and a famous tourist attraction.
- The stunning scenery may be observed from the platform terrace at the summit of the granite Hajar mountain.
- The most famous mountain adventure here is the world’s longest zipline, which traverses the side of the mountain for nearly 2 kilometers at a speed of up to 120 KMPH.
- Jebel Jais’ Via Ferrata climbing path offers guided tours for fewer speed thrills and more mountain time during the winter months.
- Solo hikers may choose from six established pathways on the mountain’s lower levels.
- This makes it one of the best places to visit in the UAE.
Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Zayed Mosque: A spiritual experience
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi is a massive contemporary mosque of breathtaking beauty.
- The mosque seamlessly integrates current and old styles and techniques to produce a fresh perspective of Islamic architecture by fusing contemporary design with traditional workmanship.
- The mosque’s white marble masonry is lavishly decorated with gold, mosaic tiles, and glasswork on both the façade and inside.
- At the same time, the construction itself mixes the numerous mosque patterns of multiple Islamic dynasties.
- The prayer hall is outfitted with the world’s biggest hand-knotted carpet (5,700 square meters) and is lit by chandeliers made of 24-karat gold and crystals.
- Outside, the expansive marble courtyard has a massive swirling floral floor mosaic of semi-precious stones.
Discover the desert landscapes of the UAE
- Those seeking adventure should head to the desert regions, one of the top places to visit in the southern heartland of the UAE.
- There are a variety of adventure activities available, such as 4WD adventures across the desert dunes, camel trekking, sandboarding, and dune buggy rides.
- Desert day trips from Dubai or Abu Dhabi usually include supper at a desert camp after a 4WD adventure over the dunes. Include time at camp for other sports like sandboarding or short camel rides.
- Other desert trips provide greater opportunities for wildlife viewing, and specialized desert operators even provide overnight camping among the dunes.
Theme parks for the whole family
- Dubai Parks & Resorts combine four of Dubai’s major theme parks into one:
- The city also has MG Worlds of Adventure, with attractions, roller coasters, and experiences focused on Marvel stories and characters for older children and Cartoon Network for younger children.
- Motiongate, which features attractions based on Hollywood blockbusters, Bollywood Parks, Legoland Dubai, and Legoland Water Park, is available.
- If all you want to do for the day is splash around in the water, Wild Wadi Water Park in Dubai is the perfect alternative.
- Wadi Adventure in Al Ain is a great water park for older kids and adolescents who want more than simply slides.
- Ferrari World is a thrilling dream, with its fastest roller coaster as its signature ride. Meanwhile, Warner Bros World features six realms to explore, ranging from Cartoon Junction, Metropolis, and Gotham City; every ride and attraction is based on DC Comics storylines.
- The United Arab Emirates is well-known for its lavish architecture and shimmering skylines.
- The country’s unique natural beauty overshadows the country’s towering high-rise skyscrapers.
- Each city in the UAE has its own set of natural places.
- These locations have not been commercialized and are peaceful and unspoiled by man.
- So, pack your bags and experience the top places to visit in the UAE for all of you travel enthusiasts out there.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog post. If you have any doubts, you can reach us here.
You can also leave a comment below and share your thoughts.
Liked this blog? Read: Foreign language courses | A handy guide to knowing everything about it
- Which emirate in the United Arab Emirates has gorgeous scenery?
Fujairah is the country’s lone Emirate on the east coast, where mountains and sea mix to provide some of the most breathtaking vistas in the UAE.
2. Why is the United Arab Emirates such a popular tourist destination?
The UAE is an outstanding tourist destination due to its economic and political stability, religious and cultural tolerance, and various events and activities.
3. What is the distinction between a visit visa and a tourist visa in the UAE?
A tourist visa may only be used for tourism and recreation, but a visit visa can be used for business meetings, attending a seminar, or for any other reason.