Table of Contents
- 1) What scores did Azalea need to get into the Cranbrook Academy of Art?
- 2) How many colleges had she applied to?
- 3) Why the Cranbrook Academy of Art?
- 4) Did Azalea apply for any part-time/ full-time jobs?
- 5) Word of advice for students who dream of studying abroad?
- 6) According to her, what was the highlight of her study abroad experience?
There is a lot of confusion surrounding the process of studying abroad. The best way to avoid some of the most common complications is to learn from other students’ experiences. Read on as Azalea tells us all about pursuing her art, and her hard-learned student experiences, and helps answer some of the most common study abroad questions.
1) What scores did Azalea need to get into the Cranbrook Academy of Art?
The Cranbrook Academy of Art is one of the most prestigious art institutions in the world and demands excellent scores from its students. Therefore, while Cranbrook only accepts TOEFL scores, they accept students with a high IELTS score(7.0 and above). With a strong IELTS score of 8 out of 9, Azalea definitely qualified. She also had a very solid undergraduate GPA of 3 out of 4.
2) How many colleges had she applied to?
When she decided to pursue her Master’s abroad, Azalea applied to 8 institutions across the globe-
- Design Academy of Eindhoven
- Lund School of Design, Sweden
3) Why the Cranbrook Academy of Art?
Choosing the perfect university is a monumental and crucial task. While there were other university options, Azalea says, some of the major reasons she chose Cranbrook Academy were:
- Cranbrook’s high rank and reputation
- Lack of cultural barriers
- Immense opportunities to explore her areas of interest
4) Did Azalea apply for any part-time/ full-time jobs?
Azalea tells us that she got selected for a 3 month CPT (Curriculum Practical Training) at a famous place that allowed her to grow her portfolio. She went on to apply to multiple places by herself and made it to top art firms. After graduating in 2018, she worked for The Michigan Thanksgiving Parade Company, Display Group and Ben and Aja Blanc.
5) Word of advice for students who dream of studying abroad?
George O’Keeffe once said, ‘To create one’s world in any of the arts takes courage’; and it’s a piece of advice I completely endorse. Studying abroad is an adventure that everyone should definitely experience! My share of advice would be to get out of your comfort zone and not be afraid of pursuing your study abroad dreams.
6) According to her, what was the highlight of her study abroad experience?
While her time in the USA was filled with many memories, Azalea says that the highlight was most definitely the opportunity to live amongst like-minded individuals and be given the opportunity to express her art to the fullest. Azalea now continues her studio practice based on Indian craft and fine design. She was very kind and provided some of her masterpieces for us to see!
Studying abroad isn’t just a choice, it’s an opportunity-laden adventure of a lifetime. We at iSchoolConnect, use our unique AI technology to help you find the perfect program and university based on your scores and preferences.
If you need any more information about studying abroad, you can take a look at some of our other helpful blogs such as How to apply for MS in USA, List of scholarships for studying abroad, Top universities for MS in USA, and so much more! Want to share your study abroad story too? Say hello to us in the comments section below or perhaps write to us at email@example.com. We’d love to feature you!